s e v e n t e e n

~

I let out a quiet, but exaggerated groan, my body sore and aching from the previous night- well more so the alcohol than anything.

I stretch out my arms, trying to work out the cramps in my body before opening my eyes.

This isn't my room.

"Noah?" I ask, knowing the room around me all too well.

He's not next to me.

I look at the bedside table, my purse on top next to my phone which is plugged into a charger.

There's also a bottle of ibuprofen.

I grab my phone and see I have no texts or calls.

And that it's 10 am.

I set my phone down before standing up out of bed, a large spin in my head before it settles and turns into a sharp headache.

I grab the ibuprofen and walk to his connected bathroom, plopping two of the pills into my mouth before drinking water from the sink to get it down.

As I walk out of the bedroom and downstairs, the AC blowing onto my skin, making me realize my lack of clothes.

I'm in my underwear, thank god, and a big tan 1975 t-shirt.

"Noah?" I call out, as I walk downstairs.

No response.

I make my way to the kitchen where it's completely stranded, just half of a glass of water on the kitchen island.

As I walk out, I try to think of where he could've gone and why he didn't leave any note on whether or not I'm supposed to stay.

I'm about to go upstairs when I hear a door open and close, Noah's voice humming a slow melody.

"Oh shit-" He jumps when he sees me. "I didn't know you were awake." He takes out his headphones and puts them in his pocket.

"Where were you?"

"I was putting in the laundry." He nods to the laundry room behind him. "Your dress should be done soon, I just switched it into the dryer."

"What-" I trail off. "What happened?"

"You got wasted, so I let you stay the night." He hums as he walks closer to me. "I stayed on the couch, if that's what you're wondering."

I look at the couch behind me, a pillow and fluffy blanket messily strewn over it.

"You didn't have to-"

"I wasn't going to share." He stops me. "You were too drunk." He starts walking towards the kitchen.

"What do you mean?" I follow.

He glances at me, opening the fridge.

"You get horny when you're drunk, very handsy."

"Oh god... did I do something?"

He chuckles, taking a box of takeout from his fridge and closing the door.

"You could say that."

"Fuck, I'm sorry, Noah." I groan.

"I was drunk too." He shrugs, getting a bowl from the cupboard. "If I had drank any more than I did you wouldn't have slept alone to say the least."

"What did I do?" I ask, curious what actions I made that were so forward.

"Once we got here you insisted that you needed me- and nobody else." He says as he dumps what looks like lo mein into the bowl. "I wanted to get you changed because that dress looked really nice and I didn't want you to sleep in it."