t h i r t e e n

as a thank you for the love
and support on this fic-
follow this link to vote for the next fic release and what day of the
week you prefer updates to be,,
https://forms.gle/tgGzEQ1Mp2aPkAyv6

~

"Oh come on, Fal, that's not fair!" She pouts, setting her stack of cards on the table as I take a big victory sip of my wine. "You're so... smart- I don't understand how you plan ahead with this shit."

"Bullshit is about being smart, Mal, if you can't keep up then we should just play go fish." I tease her.

"Shut up." She chuckles as she picks up her wine glass that's half-full of sparkling water. "I'm not playing a child's game."

"Alright then how about slapjack?" I grab the cards.

"Ooh! Yes! Shuffle-" She smiles and the doorbell rings, cutting her off.

We both look towards the door, curious who could possibly be at my door.

"Are you expecting someone? It's almost eight." She asks, setting her glass down.

"No..." I stand up, which she quickly does after me.

I walk to the front door with Malory following closely behind me, the doorbell ringing again as we approach it.

I open the door slowly, just in case, and see a short, bearded man wearing a baseball cap and holding a large box. The words 'edible arrangements' on his hat explaining everything.

"Hi there, is this Fallon Anderson's?"

"Y-yeah..." I answer nervously, opening the door the rest of the way.

"We have an order here for you-" He smiles and motions to the box. "Sorry it's a bit late my van broke down an hour ago and it pushed all my deliveries back."

"You're all good." I hum as he holds out a small clipboard.

"Sign here, please." He says as I take it. "If there's any damage or spoiled fruit you can contact us at the number on the card, we'll get you a replacement with photo proof of any damage."

I quickly sign my name and he takes the clipboard back before passing me the oversized box.

I take it and Malory instantly takes it from me as the guy takes a bouquet of flowers from between his arm and passes it to me as well.

"Have a nice night, sorry for the delay!" He smiles sweetly and picks up a cooler with his logo on it before turning and walking back to his van.

I shut the door in silent disbelief and turn to Malory, who's just as confused and shocked as I am.

We go to the kitchen quickly and she sets the box down, grabbing scissors to open it as I take the card that's sticking out of the center of the bouquet.

Just as I'm about to turn it over to read it, Malory snatches it from my hands and scans over it intently.

"Congratulations on 'Anomoly', angel." She reads, looking back at me smiling widely. "Devin got you all this?!"

"Oh my god..." I mutter as I sit down on my bar stool.

"Oh, we are eating these up!" She cheers as she lifts the lid to a bunch of gorgeous chocolate dipped strawberries.

He went all out.

The strawberries are coated in a deep red chocolate with a black and pink drizzle over it.

It spells out 'Anomaly' in chocolate letters over the top row of them, a heart shaped chocolate on the center strawberry on the bottom row.

"Holy fucking shit." I whisper.