e i g h t e e n

~

"Is that Malory?!" I ask quietly as Noah pulls his shirt on.

"I don't know why she's here-" He hushes his voice and rushes to the door, walking out without another word and closing it behind him.

I hear Noah and Malory talking, but don't know exactly what they're saying.

I rush to get changed, grabbing a pair of Noah's sweatpants and slide them on before going to the door.

I slowly open it and peak my head out.

"Well, you weren't answering your phone." Malory whines.

"I left it in the studio,"

"Wait did you add anything to the demo?"

"Not really, I'm just working on the riff."

Noah glances towards me, his eyes widening when he sees me.

Malory looks over before I can go back into the room, a wide smile on her face.

"Sissy!" She smiles. "I was coming to pick you up for some breakfast."

"Oh- sorry, I just woke up." I chuckle, walking over.

"I brought you a change of clothes-" She passes me a plastic bag. "Didn't think you'd want to wear your dress."

"It's still in the dryer- I can get it to you tonight." Noah hums.

"You're welcome to join us if you want." Malory smiles sweetly. "If that's okay with you, Fal."

"Up to you." I look over to Noah.

"I'm gonna keep working." He smiles softly. "Thank you though, I just want to relax in the studio for a while."

"That's fine." Mal sings. "Why don't you get changed and I can get the car heated up." She turns to me.

"I'll be out there in just a second." I smile as she turns and leaves, calling out her goodbye to Noah.

Once she's out of the front door I let my guard down.

"Thank fucking god." Noah sighs. "I thought she was gonna come right upstairs."

"Honestly, let's me grateful she didn't get here when we were still in the studio- we might not have heard her."

"Yeah." He chuckles.

"I'm gonna go get changed..." I mumble.

"I'll just say bye here- I'm gonna go get some more mixing done."

"I'll see you around I'm sure." I say awkwardly.

He comes closer and lifts his hand to my cheek, leaning down so his face is ahead of my own.

He hesitates before pulling away and backing towards the studio.

"Bye, Fallon."

"Bye, Noah." I cough and rush back to the bedroom so I can get changed.

~

"I swear, I have this one client who loves your song! I didn't make her listen to it." Malory laughs. "I told her to give it a shot because she loves their old music."

"That's sweet." I smile, sipping my drink. "This is really good-"

"They have the best iced tea, I swear."

"I don't know if I can eat anymore." I stare at my plate, only a few bites left.

"I'll take it!" She sings and pulls the plate over to herself.