e l e v e n

::thank you so much for 3k
this book has gotten more
love than i ever imagined and
i'm eternally grateful for every
vote, comment, and read::

~

I stand in the doorway, complete shock coursing through my body as Maggie stands in front of me.

"So what're you doing here?" She tilts her head slightly.

"I-uh- was just- I was going to talk- to Noah-" My brain goes into overdrive, processing the last minute of information.

"Oh! Well he's busy for a second..." She glances behind her. "Sorry I'm not dressed- we just got out of the shower." She smirks, a small blush on her cheeks.

I notice two bottles of wine on the coffee table behind her, two stained glasses next to them and one of the bottles clearly empty.

"We've been a lot better lately y'know." She hums. "I hate to say it but I think Noah has missed me more than I've missed him... He can't get enough I swear- I'm sure you understand! Your boyfriend- uhm... Randy?"

"Hudson."

"Hudson! Yeah!" She cheers. "I'm sure the same thing happened when he showed up recently."

My thoughts rage, certain that Noah is the one who told her that Hudson had come back.

"I'm actually not seeing Hudson anymore." I say.

"Oh?! Really?!" She gasps. "I'm sorry, I had no idea."

"I haven't been with him in about a year." I mention. "He and I pretty much broke up then."

"Damn- I'm sorry." She pouts. "Well I'm sure things will turn around-"

"They are actually." I smile cockily. "I just came from dinner with Devin Oliver."

Her eyes widen and she smiles widely.

"That's amazing!" She awes, a small look of relief in her eyes. "Noah hadn't told me that!"

"Oh it's nothing crazy, it was our first time really seeing each other."

"That's so adorable." She puts her hand on her chest. "He's a cutie that's for sure- much better than my idiot." She teases.

I have to stop myself from laughing when she calls Noah her's.

If I learned anything it's that Noah isn't Maggie's. Almost any other person is more likely to have Noah than her- even Jolly.

"Well, I guess I should probably get back to him..." She looks behind her.

"Could you get him actually- I just need to talk to him for a second."

She looks at me confused and then smiles.

"He might be another minute- he's pretty worn out and I don't know if he's really going to want to talk." She shrugs. "Not to mention how busy he was today! He wrote this new song and it's beautiful."

My eyes widen slightly, shocked that out of all people, Maggie, is bringing it up to me.

"Did he?"