f i f t e e n

updating again as a thank you for 5k <3

~

"Wha-what are you doing here?" I finally get out after standing in shock.

"Surprise!" He smiles. "I heard about the release and thought I could come support you."

I can't comprehend anything.

It doesn't help when he pulls a bouquet of white tulips from behind his back.

"Here's these-" He hums and I take them, before he starts digging into his pockets. "And this..."

He pulls out a flat, white box, the log of for Pandora on the top.

"What is this?" I furrow my eyebrows as I open it.

It's a thin rope-chain bracelet, with a small silver lock pendent.

"It reminded me of you- I thought you'd like it." He hums.

"What in gods name made you think to come here in the first place?" I ask under my breath.

"What?" He looks confused, but I know he heard me.

"You heard me, Hudson." I glare at him. "You have no reason to be here."

"I-I just thought maybe I could make it up to you-" He scratches his arm. "You gave me some of the best years of my life and I'm really proud of yo-"

"Don't you fucking dare." I snap, a few people looking over to see what the commotion is. "I told you not to come near me again."

"I didn't think you were serious." He scoffs.

"I should've listened to Malory and gotten a restraining order, but I trusted that you weren't so fucking stupid to come near me again."

"Are you kidding me?" He frowns. "You still listen to her?"

"She's my sister- she means more to me than you ever fucking did."

"Oh fuck off- she doesn't even care about you, she only ever needs your help and does jack-shit in return- you basically raised her and she's older than you!" He spews out. "How many times have I told you that she isn't worth any of your time or effort? And she always gives you terrible advice."

"Never talk about her that way again or I-" I start, nearly yelling, but get cut off.

"What the fuck did you just say about my wife?" I hear from behind me.

I turn and see Nicholas, his jaw clenched as he glares down at Hudson.

"Jesus fuckin christ- not this guy too." Hudson mutters. "You really need to see your worth, Fallon- these assholes aren't enough for you."

"And you are?" Nicholas replies for me. "Get the absolute hell away from her or I will fucking rip your head off."

Hudson looks nonchalant, rolling his eyes when Nicholas threatens him.

"What? You're gonna hurt me?"

I will admit Hudson has always been pretty strong and, in comparison, Nicholas doesn't really look all that beefy.

But I have seen him get in fights, he could easily beat Hudson to the brink of death.

"Good luck." He shrugs. "Come on, Fallon, don't be an idiot. You're too pretty to act like this." He grabs my arm before I can react.

And within a millisecond, Nicholas shoves him away from me. Hard.

"What the fuck, dude?" Hudson curses. "She's not your fucking responsibility! Let her do what she wants."