t w e n t y t h r e e

~

I groan, pulling the blanket over my eyes as a headache pounds behind them.

"Fuck-" I hiss at the pain, rolling onto my other side.

"Hmm..." I hear a groan from next to me.

"Noah?" I furrow my eyebrows as I pull the blanket off my face.

"Hmmm..." He groans again.

"Noah." I nudge him.

He stirs, rolling towards me, his torso bare.

"Noah." I repeat, rolling my eyes. "Get up."

After a few seconds of me nudging his arm, he finally opens his eyes and looks up at me.

"Morning." I hum.

"Good morning." He groans, sitting up in my bed.

I try to recall the night before, but I'm pretty sure I passed out the second he helped me into his car.

"What happened last night?" I ask as I sit up too.

"I brought you home..." He groans as he stretches his arms. "I got you changed, and once I was going to leave you begged me to stay with you because you didn't want to be alone."

I go quiet from embarrassment.

"I was going to leave after you fell asleep, but before you could you started telling me that you didn't want to have any more nightmares."

"Shit, I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay." He smiles softly. "You didn't have any nightmares, right?"

"No, I didn't." I admit. "They've been going away lately."

He slides out of my bed, his bare torso begging for attention.

I watch him carefully as he picks up his sweatpants and slides them on over his boxers.

"We didn't do anything last night, right?" I ask, breaking the dead silence.

"No, we didn't." He hums, climbing onto the bed to hover over me. "But someone definitely wanted to."

"Noah." I roll my eyes, gently shoving his shoulder back.

"You were saying things... things an angel would get sent to hell for." His voice lowers, his eyes dark as he looks down at me.

"What?" I chuckle, pushing him away.

He lays next to me, his arm over my torso.

"You said that you wanted me to fuck you harder than ever- that you missed my glove and tasting yourself on my lips." He recites. "That if anyone could taste you for the rest your life, you'd want it to be me."

I burn in embarrassment, angry at my drunken brain for letting my thoughts spill right into Noah's lap.

"Don't worry." He chuckles. "I've learned how you act when you're drunk and that you just love to get me going."

"I'm sorry." I sigh.

"Don't be."

Silence consumes the room again, just the soft rustling of my comforter when either of us slightly move being heard.

"I have to leave soon." He says as he checks his phone. "I promised Nicholas I'd go see Jade."

My heart drops when he says that.

"She got in an accident the other day- only broke her leg, but he said that I should still be gentlemanly." He groans as he gets up from the bed.

"Is she okay?"