t w e l v e

~

I stretch out my arms as I wake up, squeezing my eyes harder shut while my brain collects itself from the deep sleep I've been trapped in.

I slowly lift open my eyelids and once I see the ceiling above, I'm entirely reminded of the previous night.

Devin.

The song.

Maggie.

Noah.

Holy shit Noah.

I quickly turn my head to look next to me in bed and see him still here, sleeping peacefully next to me under the black blanket he uses every night. His phone rings persistently, which is what I assume woke me up.

My heart starts racing as I remember not just the night before, but the entirety of the past few months. How this whole situation started on Christmas at my parents' house and ended not even a full week later on New Years, just to end up right where we are.

How I spent months doing everything I could to take care of myself because of Hudson, Keaton, and especially because of Noah.

Not to mention the one person who has helped me through everything even though she is completely unaware of most of the events: Malory.

I look at the bedside table next to me and notice Noah brought my stuff up from the living room, including my phone that buzzes just as a look at it with a text.

It's Malory.

I cant even bother looking at it yet, not with the guilt of the past couple days and even weeks of hiding my true feelings and not even helping her with the wedding as much as I had promised to.

Noah groans from beside me, turning towards me more and wrapping his arm around my waist.

I'm certain he's still fully asleep and oblivious to what's happening. He's going to wake up eventually- with myself and all the events from last night that neither of us will easily forget are stuck to the bed like honey.

He lets out another soft groan as he lifts his hand that isn't on my waist to his face and rubs his eyes aggressively.

When he finally opens his eyes and sees me next to him, I can see that its hitting him too.

"Holy shit, Fallon-" He mumbles, his voice still deep and groggy from sleep. "I didn't realize you'd be here."

"I just woke up."

He nods and his phone rings again, grabbing it off the nightstand which lets me catch a glimpse of the screen that's flashing Nicholas' name and picture.

He answers it, pressing the phone to his ear.

"What?" He whines. "I just woke up, man."

"So you and Fallon forgot." I hear Nicholas sigh. "We have an appointment for the wedding today, I told you about it when you were over here yesterday."

"Shit- I completely forgot."

"We're gonna be late, Noah." He says. "I'm almost to your house, can you just get dressed quickly? Doesn't have to be anything fancy."

Noah's eyes widen with mine, clearly trying to find a solution to whatever mess will take place if Nicholas comes over.

"Noah." I whisper and he snaps his head to look at me. "My car."

I can see the panic on Noah's face intensify at my words.

"Shit, Nick, can you just give me ten minutes." He rushes out. "Why don't you just pick us up some coffee, I'll get ready right now."