Chapter 1

"Are they ever gonna be done up there?" Liam huffed impatiently.

We were both currently waiting for Malia and Stiles to come down from Scott's room with a piece of his clothing.
Everyone was going down to Mexico tonight to attempt a rescue mission for Scott and Kira, after Kate decided that taking them hostage on their first date was the best way to break us down.

I heard the rushed thuds of Stiles' sneakers running down the stairs and Malia close behind; a pillowcase gripped in her hand.

"Ash, Liam- for the last time you're not going with us!" Stiles said when he saw us waiting by the table; he'd already said no three other times.

"Stiles pleease! This is my brother we're talking about here." I begged,
"Yeah and my Alpha." Liam chimed in, getting defensive.

"No way. It's a full moon and you BOTH have absolutely NO control! It's too risky for all of us."

"Then chain us to the seats." Liam suggested.

"You busted through the chains last month." Malia pointed out.

"Then throw us in the trunk!" I retaliated.

"Yeah cause that'll hold you," he threw in some sarcasm, "guys we'd have to freeze you both in carbonate to get you down there." His sarcastic tone began to irritate me, striking my mind that he wasn't taking any of this seriously.

"Okay so then where do we get carbonate?" Liam asked.

I laughed a little at this, even though Liam was mildly confused.

"Seriously?" Stiles added

"Come on! There's gotta be bigger chains, a bigger trunk or something! There has to be." Liam pleaded.

"Maybe there is." Stiles finally caved.

~

A black prison transport van pulled into the parking garage we were meeting in. Braiden jumped out of the drivers seat and Derek followed from the passenger side.

"You sure about bringing these 2 time bombs along?" Derek asked

"You sure about bringing him along?" I jerked my chin towards Peter.

"We're bringing everyone we can." Peter squinted his eyes at me.

We hate each other. We always have, I mean there is just something I don't trust about a mass murderer who came back from the dead- and nearly killed my friends multiple times.

"We should get going considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon." Peter kept an eye on me, as if I would charge him at any second.

"Okay I want you both at the back of the van right now." Stiles demanded, acting like we were newborn children.

"And don't forget what we're going up against," Peter said, "it's not just Kate it's berserkers too. You might see human eyes behind those skulls but don't assume there is any humanity left."

I looked over at Liam as he looked down.

"These 2 little ones are terrified of them. Remember you don't fight berserkers to survive, you fight to kill." He said in a menacing tone, then Liam and I ran off to the back of the transport van. Not wanting to hear another word from his mouth.

~

We sat down next to each other and Derek pulled out the restraints- after a solid 10 minutes we were practically bonded into the metal benches.

"All good?" Derek asked.

We both tugged on the chains one last time and nodded at Stiles and Derek sitting across from us.

"To help you two keep control I brought this along." Derek pulled out the metal triskele disk that to me resembled a coaster, "This has been in my family for centuries and is a very powerful tool we use to teach betas control on a full moon."

He handed it to Liam.

"Ash you have the same symbol on your necklace. Try to use that."

I looked at Stiles and he immediately understood what I was asking. He reached over and unclipped the back of my necklace, and laid it in my hand.

"Yeah it's very powerful." Stiles said, seeming almost unsure.

~

It was a pretty smooth ride from there on, but the sky was soon dark, and the moon was shining bright.

I could hear Liam's deep breathing and I suddenly noticed his claws gripping the metal disk.

"Whatever you were gonna teach me, I think you'd better start." He said between heavy breathing, the yellow of his eyes burning through the crystal blue.

"Ash, you okay." Stiles asked, paranoid.

I didn't respond besides nodding my head and breathing deeply.

I clenched my one empty fist and I could feel my razor claws piercing the skin on my palm. Blood running between my fingers, and dripping onto the floor.

"Ah kay." Stiles became distressed.

"Okay we have a montra we use, repeat it and try to focus on the words. It's like meditating, try to find control in the words." Derek started to teach Liam.

"Okay, okay what are the words!?" I could tell Liam was on the edge of losing it.

"Look at the triskelion, I have the same tattoo on my back, each spiral means something." Derek said quickly.

"Alpha, Beta, Omega." Stiles said quietly, still focused on the blood falling from my left hand.

"It represents that we can rise as one and fall back to another. Betas can become alphas-"

Stiles cut him off, "Alphas can become betas."

"Can betas become omegas?" Liam voice started to muffle.

Derek nodded and explained the rest of how to repeat the words, until you feel calmer and more in control.
Which all worked for a while until Liam's trigger was flicked.

"Derek I don't think that powerful triskelion of control is working!" Stiles yelled.

Liam lurched at Derek, and with a loud snap his handcuff broke open, setting his arm free.
He clawed at Derek's chest while he held him back. Liam's voice sounded deeper while he focused on the powerful urge to kill.
Hearing the noise of Liam trying to kill Derek was enough to set me off as well, and I started tugging on the chains; my eyes burning yellow behind their lids.

"Derek I don't think Alpha, Beta, Omega is resting well with either of them!" Stiles yelled

I growled and tried to lurch at Stiles but my chains were stronger than Liam's, and I am weaker than him.

"Well do you know any other montras!?" Derek yelled, still trying to hold Liam off.

Stiles looked down at my necklace on the floor and picked it up.

"Yeah, Yeah I do."

"Ash, Liam!" He yelled but neither of us held still, "what three things cannot long be hidden?" He asked us.
I growled louder.

"Come on what three things." Stiles looked me right in the eye, holding the necklace in front of me.

"The sun, the moon, the truth." Liam's voice slowly rised in pitch, and he loosened his instincts towards Derek.

"Ash I know you know this." Stiles said, handing me the necklace.
I breathed heavy as I tried to muffle out the words, "The sun, the moon," I took a final deep breath, "the truth."

Control // Liam Dunbarजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें