CHAPTER 31

HAYAT POV:
As we entered the room, the first thing I did was to fresh up, as I came out of the room, I saw my husband sleeping already, he must be tired, he took care of me yesterday night then drove the car for the entire day to Lahore, I kind of regret now for speaking out my mind in front of my family, looking at my husband I went over and pulled the covers over him, so he wouldn’t catch a cold, taking my medicine, I went to the balcony to see the beautiful view I could see from our room, after what felt like half hour, I walked inside to see him still sleeping, seeing the time, knowing he would miss his Isha if didn’t woke up now, I went inside the washroom to do wadu myself, coming out I went to wake him up, seeing him not opening his eyes, I spread the praying mat for us, and started praying the farz rakats, after praying the farz rakats, I started making dua, when I felt Ahad head on my lap, after making the dua I looked down to see Ahad sleeping in my lap, the floor was cold so I started waking up him when he held my both hands and said, “Meri pyari biwi (my beautiful wife) do you know the first thing I noticed was your eyes” he looked directly in my eyes as he spoke, I shake my head as no and he continued, “your eyes are the prettiest colour which reminds me the colour a sky could change into, hazel brown eyes which hold a little tone of gold in it, which shines whenever I get you gajray, which looks at me curiously when I say some Urdu words which you have never heard before, which asks me fall deeply in love with it, these hazel eyed which hold tears in them when my wife is sad, the captivating eyes which get darken when someone steps out of the line, the hazel eyes which makes me feel want to have a talk with in them, the eyes which made me say Masha Allah while looking away, meri jaan you should know the power you hold over me, never in your life try to hold your pain in these eyes without sharing it with me, never let these beautiful eyes have tears in them, make me cry all you want I won’t complain but you my wife, never.”

My husband.....Ahad Mir.....doesn’t know how much his words affects me.....how he is changing me.....how he’s healing something he never broke in me.....how the inner child that wanted love and appreciation is getting, how much I hated the eyes he loves the most.....his quite and calm way of expressing everything makes my heart at ease, I have grown up with a family which love fighting, disregarding one another, but here with Ahad I have never felt it....I hope it stays the same way till the end....

“Do you know, my father has the same eye colour, and he- he always hated me for it, and I hated my eye colour for the same reason too” I said looking away from him, not wanting to see my husband who has fallen for the eyes which I myself never loved.....

“I, my love, love your eyes, your smile, your ranting, your mood swings, your light up eyes seeing gajray, your secret love for coffee, your obsession over books, your jealousy, your bricking, your fired up eyes when someone just mess with you, I love each and everything about you, even if it’s a flaw, never judge yourself, never hate my wife, Hayat, she is the most precious treasure of mine” Ahad said sitting beside me, taking me in his arms, I smiled looking at him...giving in to his embrace...

After praying namaz, we sat together in the balcony, me holding his right army tightly while laying my head on his shoulder, I patted his arm and suddenly I wanted to bite his bicep, shaking the thought of I looked up at him, who was giving me a look, I asked, “Why are you looking at me like that?” He kept looking at me then said, “you are looking at my bicep like you want to bite it” I laughed and nodded my head, he smiled and pointed at his arm, closing his eyes he still pointed at the arm, I looked at his face and then bit his arm with full force, he did not scream or made a sound, I released his arm and looked at him again to see his eyes opening up, looking at my eyes directly he asked, “now okay?” I just smiled and layer my head again on his shoulder, rubbing the place I bit....suddenly I heard him saying, “yia tou bacchii ha pori 2 saal ki(she’s a 2 years old baby for real)” I looked at his face and laughed while pinching his cheek a little...it’s our way of spending our time together, quite and simple...