CHAPTER 26

HAYAT POV:
My big day, a day when a daughter would need her father the most, her strength but I couldn’t find him.......Chachu was there for me and I was more than happy to just have him by myside, as per my ranting chanting everything was done perfectly just like I wanted, but one thing caught my eye, not a thing but a girl, wearing red! Ignoring it for now I looked forward to my big day.....
Even when I know my father does not value me, I still miss him on this big special day. Everything happily went off till rukhsati, Ahad had his hand holding mine the entire time, and I felt some comfort from it, but still, I was getting emotional....
“You got married doesn’t mean your chacha chachi does not need you now, you were my daughter and you still is, and always will be, if someday you need us just come to us, we know our little warrior” chachu hugged me and chachi did too, Sana too came forward and hugged me, “you can call me anytime you want appi, I’ll be always there for you, hmm.” Things are changing between the two of us, I’m feeling like there’s a bond we have started to share now....

Sitting inside my car, I took off my veil first since I needed to drive the car, I heard Ahad, “This feels illegal. It looks like I’m going to my bride’s house.” I was confused at first, glancing at him. I saw he was in his thoughts and said it a loud. I laughed and replied, “You said it a loud, not in your thoughts.” Shaking my head, I looked at him who was looking out from shyness I guess, I could see the bikers behind us, Ashar, Sahil, Hammad, Samir, and other Ashar friends were there too, it looked like I’m the gang leader and I’m kidnapping the man sitting beside me, when I suddenly felt his eyes on me, glancing towards him I caught him looking at my hand that was turning the steering wheel to left side with one hand, I fake coughed as he said “I fell again I guess, damn that turning was so Ahm, amazing, I mean...” I felt embarrassed, he complimented or flirted I don’t know but I couldn’t spoke out my answer.......

Soon we reached the Mir House, before I could open my door I heard Ahad, “let me” I turned to see him getting down from the car coming towards my side, opening the door for me he helped me down since the dress was to heavy to adjust by myself, the bikes were stopped behind our car and as we came forward I heard all the bikes accelerating their bikes making sounds from behind making the environment more welcoming for me, I smiled and looked back to see all of them still accelerating their bikes, soon Ashar came down from his bike and came forward, he gave signals to some men who soon started fireworks, all the boys got down from the bike and started hooting, “welcome Mrs. Ahad.”

AHAD POV:
Going to my house with Hayat in her car was fun, to be exact, her way of turning the steering wheel with one hand while all focus on the road was damn attractive, I might have fallen for my wife already, we both are opposite yet similar.....
As we settled down in our place after all the celebrations my guys did, I saw ammi jee taking Hayat to my room while I turned to my guys to talk about them staying here tonight then with Ashar...
“I’m about to leave for the Chicago by midnight, Ahad,” Samir said while hugging me, I frown and said, “meri shadi aj hi howi ha yarrr! (my marriage happened just today, bro!)” he has been the most generous to us when we all studied together, I can’t just let him go when we haven’t spent a lot of time together....
“I will be back within a week, I got some urgent work that needs my attention and I unfortunately have to be there, I will be back after all I got a bhabi here” he said, trying to butter me up...
“Guys I’m also going” here I heard another one, turning around I saw Sahil with his luggage, ALL READY!
“YOU TOO!!” I said loud enough for them to know that I’m angry....

“I’m going to meet my friend here, and then I’ll need to go back to London for my next art work. But I promise I will be back too within a week with Samir” I sighed and went towards the stairs, collecting my words I spoke out “I’ll talk to you both after you guys come back here!” going upstairs without hugging them for the last time I entered my room, to see Hayat standing in the balcony....

Walking towards her, I fake coughed a little to make her realise my presence, so she won’t get startled, she turned around I could see some tears in her hazel eyes, walking towards her I asked “kiya howa begum (what happened wifey)” she looked at me and took a deep breath before saying, “love is not expressed through words some times but from affection, trust, care, protection, loyalty which I couldn’t find in my protector, my father....taking deep breath she continued.... but I want it from you, can you give it to me Ahad” her words came out whisperingly slow yet I could feel the unheard pain that she is feeling, she forwarded her right her towards me while speaking, waiting for me to hold it, I would desperately, gladly, happily hold her hand and follow her to where ever she wants....
Not breaking the eye contact I held her hand and said “YES” in a firm voice, I promised....I made a promise to my wife....

Moving towards the bed she subconsciously went towards the right side of the bed, so I turned to the left side, “Ohh i- I forgot to ask which side would you like to take?” now knowing that she sleeps on the right side I said “I don’t have a side, like I sometimes sleep on left, some times on right side, so no worries” I smiled and laid down, taking her left hand in my right one, I said good night before the sleep took over me.....