CHAPTER 24

HAYAT POV:

The two nights before the nikkah, Ashar and I enjoyed our night out, by him getting me gifts, irritating me, and us talking about Eira....... We got emotional at some point but him as my elder brother handled me, he said “I did lost my baby sister but Allah did sent another one for me to take care off, and you my beloved little sister, Miss Hayat, is too precious to me, you and bhai, both are my heart, yeahh I know we have known each other for not a long time but there’s still a connection between us. My Miss Hayat do take care of my brother, he tries to look serious all the time but he’s a cutie from the heart and if he bothers you, then let me know, I’ll teach him a lesson.”

I, on the other hand, never thought that Ashar would be this concerned for me. He does annoy me a lot, but he does love me too just like I do too.....

Tonight, is the last night for me to be a single little girl, from tomorrow onwards after my QUBOOL HAI, everything will change, hopefully in a better way......

Turning sides for an hour now, I feel restless, I’m too nervous, because no one from my actual family called me to know about my marriage, my father didn’t called or came here to do any drama. Another thing that has been on my mind for a lot of days is, will Ahad be happy with me? Am i going to regret it? Am i destroying his life? Will he be able to hold my hand when everyone disgrace me for me marrying him without taking my father’s blessings?

Everything has been so messed up right now that I don’t know if I’m emotional, nervous, anxious, or what ......

A sudden vibration from my phone brought me back from the overflowing thoughts.....
“QUBOOL HAI HUM APKO? (DO YOU ACCEPT ME)” a question, merely consist of 4 words, a simple yet a difficult question, the question that did something to my heart, gulping down the lump that formed in my throat, taking a deep breath, I replied “JEE QUBOOL HAI (yes)” sending the message I found my cheeks hurting, oh why, because I’m smiling......

Wearing my white abbaya that had little bit of pearl work done on it, a pure abbaya it was, no tight stiches were done, it was done as per my request, I was ready, ready for the nikkah........

The nikkah will be happening on our lawn with him on the other side, sitting with his family and friends. While on my side, it would be chacha chachi.....Yes, my family won’t join on such a big event, and I am not even sad, I’m happy with just chacha chachi being on my side......

Chachi came to my room with some trailing behind her who I didn’t except to see here.....Sana.....my step sister......she’s here....it means my whole family is here too......tears were forming in my eyes as I saw her coming towards me, hugging me tightly, “I’m sorry appi(sister) I couldn’t be here for you the time you needed me the most” Sana said as she broke the hug, wiping her tears I said, “I’m happy that you are here, are others downstairs too?” I wanted to know about them, I wanted to forgive them and have a really beautiful relationship again, she shook her head and looked down, as chachi came forward and peaked my forehead a little, chacha too came inside and I could see visible tears on his eyes, he smiled and came towards me “my little warrior is now a big girl, she is getting married, she would leave her chacha chachi alone” chachu was verge of breaking down when I hugged him and said “I will always be your little warrior, your daughter will never forget you chachu, never”

We soon entered the lawn, I couldn’t see Ahad as there was a huge flower wall between us, with white seen through net curtains, I sat down and turned my head to see Ashar on my side, my eyes widen, before I could speak up he said “Miss Hayat, you are my girlfriend, I needed to be here before being there for my brother who is less important to me” I had tears in my eyes, I couldn’t speak anything, I couldn’t voice out any word.....I have my friend and my sister here with me...

The pure bond of nikkah will make both of us bound to be together forever. Trust, loyalty, love, and care are what we are responsible to give each other.....
The maulvi sahab started the nikkah and asked for my answer, gulping down the saliva. I took a deep breath and whispered “QUBOOL HAI” three times, as asked.....

The time when I needed to sign the nikkah papers, I couldn’t do it, my hands were shaking, I was shivering, I wanted blessing of my father too but he never cared about me, I had a grand mother who could have patted my head and encouraged me, I had a step mother who could have been here but I’m all alone, with just my chachu chachi and Sana with me, I was trembling, I looked up to Ashar and chachu, and then down at the paper when I felt the seat next to me dipped down, and I found Ashar there, he held my shoulder and helped to calm down, “idiot, daro mat, main hoon tumhary sath, mera bhai kuch kry tou mujhe kehna (idiot, don’t be scared, I’m right here with you, if my brother does something, do let me know)” I couldn’t comprehended, I looked at him and he gestured me to sign the papers that I finally did with almost shaking hands.....
“Congrats, bhabi(sister in law)” He said and got up from there.....

AHAD POV:
The night before our nikkah was the real game changer, I couldn’t think of a single thing to make myself worthy of her, I was too nervous, I couldn’t think.....Walking in my room here and there panicking like a teenager, I couldn’t think when Ashar came into my room. “What are you doing stupid?” I turned my head towards him...

“mind your language Ashar”  said coldly, he might be my precious brother but I hate disrespect, he did raised his hands up and said “ oh, I know you are nervous, so I thought to come and give you an idea.”

Listening to what he said, my coldness melted down, and there I was standing in front of him asking what the idea ..... “Text her, ask her if she accepts you, if she does reply yes, then congrats, brother, you deserve her as much she deserves you,” thinking about what he said I grabbed my phone after kicking him out of my room and with shivering hands I texted her, she saw the message and didn’t reply and I felt myself cold and restless, praying to Allah while closing my eyes I panicked when my phone rings indicating a message came....

Taking a deep breath, I opened her message from the upper notification bar, and after seeing her reply, I felt my heart beat stopping. I thanked Allah for everything......

Getting ready for our nikkah, I wore what she rant about in the car, she wanted me to wear white shalwar kameez, and I did wear it, after praying 2 rakats of nawafil, I went down stairs, to see my friends and ammi abbu standing there talking to each other, two person were missing from here, my own brother who I don’t know where is he is right now, and the second person is my beloved sister, I’m missing her too much today, she would have been the happiest today....

I asked ammi, “Where is Ashar ammi?” I questioned. How can he leave his only brother today alone on such a big day....
“He didn’t tell me beta, but he said he’ll text you about it soon,”  ammi said and turned around as baba was calling her.....I was shocked when Ashar told me he won’t join me on my wedding from my side but from hayat side, “aren’t you my brother?” I asked....
“you are my brother but she is my friend, student, sister and my girlfriend, I will gladly ditch you for her bhai” I heard him, I was totally dumb yet happy, he might act childish but he’s the most mature and understanding man I know, even though him going to her side instead of mine would make me feel a little sad yet it won’t matter much....

Entering the lawn, I saw the beautiful decoration, that was done for our nikkah, I was nervous but not like I was yesterday night, my guys and ammi abbu were with me and Ashar my only brother ditched me to be with Hayat and I happily let him go.......
Hayat came, I wanted to see her but I couldn’t because of the curtains, she sat and I could slightly see her as the net curtains were seen through, I heard Ashar talking but I couldn’t hear her....
My focus was on them when I heard, “stop, man, you are seriously embarrassing us here. She is going to be your wife in just some minutes. Stop looking so desperate.” Sahil said while teasing me a little, and the other two idiots join him too.....

Soon the Maulvi sahab started our nikkah, maulvi sahab asked Hayat first and she took some time before saying “QUBOOL HAI” I was relived hearing her finally.....
Soon it was my turned and I did say “QUBOOL HAI” really fast, I heard my guys laughing behind, and I ignored them. It’s our day....us being together....
After the dua was done, I withdrew the curtains and saw my bride, “MASHA ALLAH” the only word left my mouth, she looked so beautiful in just a simple abbaya, I took her hands in mine and peeked the back of it lightly......then I peaked her head and hugged her, I found the peace...my peace in my wife.... no words were exchanged as we just hugged each others, embracing the new feeling....
After the nikkah was done, all the greetings were done, we made our way to inside the house.....After sometimes we parted our ways...
Sitting inside the car, I changed her contact name from “soon to be mine” to “my wife” and texted her...
“Meri biwi (my wife).”  I didn’t know what to text, so I just texted her with what I’m going to call her.....
Looking out of the window, I realised a lot things have changed since I met her, the dua of my death I used to make cryingly for years now turned to dua to keep me safe so I can take care of her.... I changed for the betterment.....I changed for us....for myself.....for my wife.

_________________________________________
1820 words

Here's another chapter for my readers as a birthday gift ♡

Do enjoy it and let me know if you liked it♡

Instagram: author_muniba