CHAPTER 17

AHAD POV:

I was at my Baba’s home today, laying on my mother’s lap while she was caressing my hair, I closed my eyes, trying not to think about yesterday night. I sent Hayat some voice messages and she replied back immediately. Seeing the way she texted, I could guess she had started to get close to her phone...  or she has started to give me the importance.....

“Ahad beta,” I heard Baba calling me to which I stood up from ammi’s lap and sat straight in front of Baba, replying, “jee Baba.”

“Beta(son), we wanted to talk to you about something......beta we think you should get married soon since you are going to turn 30 in some months, if you’re okay with the arrangements then we will like to talk to hayat family about it too” baba said calmly.....

Thinking about all the near present events, I do want to marry her soon and make her my wife. She is the one I was looking for all these years, I felt it within myself, thinking about her. I looked at Baba and said “baba let’s ask Hayat first about what she thinks about it. Then we can go with everything.” Baba nodded and called her chacha jee to talk about meet-up...

I took out my phone and texted her, “Hayat what do you think about marriage within some months?” She replied instantly, “I don’t have any problem, through I need time to settle down with you” understanding her clearly I replied “okay then, this time you all coming to our home(baba place) so we’ll talk about the dates right there and then, is it okay with you?” I again asked her. “I’m all okay with arrangements. Ahad, no need to think about it so much. “ I smiled and put down my phone....

They are going to come tomorrow noon to meet us, we will fix the date right there and then and start preparations, baba said standing up going towards his room, I turned to my mother smiling at her, taking my phone out I texted Ashar about everything....

I walked to my room and took out an outfit, and thought to try it and send the picture to my friends and see what they think about it....

I walked out wearing black jeans and white t-shirt looking at myself. I took some pictures and sent the best one to our group chat with a caption of “What do you think about this out? I’m meeting your bhabi tomorrow for the first time at our own place to fix the marriage date?” I thought and sent it to Ashar too...

Changing the outfit, I laid down on my bed and checked my phone to see Hayat text on my screen, clicking on the message I read the message “ I think black t-shirt with half sleeves will look more good on you instead of white to make if look more similar to my outfit.” I read the text two times trying to understanding what she meant and my eyes went wide when I saw the picture I send her instead of Ashar, you stupid idiot, I scolded myself when another message popped up, “and yeahh wear a silver colored watch with a coat in hand since its cold outside” reading her text a smile broke on my lips, she is actually the most adorable girl I have ever seen in my life.....I shook my head and replied back with two eye emoji and went to sleep....

“Your wish is my command, Mrs Ahad Mir.” I slept chanting this to myself...

Getting ready in the afternoon, calling Hammad if he can be here for me, I’m nervous right now, I have met her for some times now but today feels more different, might because our marriage date will fix or might because they are coming to our house or I don’t know, I’m too nervous, I need Ashar and Hammad here with me....

I called Ashar “you manner less man where are you, I told you to be here in the morning, why haven’t you reached home till now, come fast yarrr I’m really nervous” I said and heard him yelling. “YOU MY OWN BROTHER CALLED ME MANNER LESS MAN WHY?? I’M YOUR BROTHER BHAI, DON’T SAY THIS INFRONT OF THAT CRAZY STUPIED GIRL NOW PLEASE!” He sounds like he is pleading to me, but whatever, I need him here....

“Asalam Mualaikum,” I heard them coming in, after greeting each other. “we sat down, Hayat wore white colour frock, looking really beautiful. “Masha Allah” was the only word left my mouth after seeing her standing in the lounge with her family.....

We sat there, she sat in front of me, I could see her being as nervous as me, thinking about everything we looked at each other and she indicated towards the phone, I took my phone out and saw her texting me....

“What date do you want to finalise for our wedding?” Her question was simple, yet it felt so good seeing her say “our wedding” hiding my smile. I typed, “Whenever you say,” she looked up at me, too done from my text, I shook my head and looked towards ammi, giving her my best pleading eyes and trying to tell her about me wanting to talk to Hayat alone for our wedding date finalising, she nodded her head and looked towards baba...

“The couple should decide the date I think, we can make time for our children as they want,” Baba said, making me want to hug him, “you both can look around and select the date yourself and join us here to let us know, till then we will decide about other things” I nodded my head and looked at Hayat gesturing her to follow me....

Scratching the back of my head, I said, “I- you- you, I mean you are look pretty Masha Allah,” I said and turned towards my room way.....

She looked down and didn’t reply back, “Ahad, where are we going?” she questioned “To my room to sit and talk about the date” I said, trying to think if she was uncomfortable.....

She nodded her head. We entered our room, she looked around and sat on the bed while I took the couch. She looked towards my table and pointed her index finger towards the place, “You play guitar too?” She asked excitedly, “I used too, it’s been a long time since I last played it,” I said and looked at her expression that changed to dull, I mentally took a note to start my practice again so I can play guitar for her someday.....