CHAPTER 10

AUTHOR POV:

Ahad’s mother has been tense for the past few days. Her sister-in-law had put the wedding proposal in front of her. She knew that it was not a request but a command that she wouldn’t follow. She doesn’t want to ruin her son’s life by marrying him to Seema, she is trying to find some other way to save her son or else her husband will agree to arrange this wedding to make his sister happy...

She was thinking about all of it when she remembered her.....Hayat.....She has known Hayat for 6 years now, and she knows how Hayat disappeared after her daughter's death but she knows how the girl is, she was thinking something when her younger son came to her and told her about the incident that happened at the place.....he told her how his brother composed himself after Hayat said something to him, how he looked relived when he walked towards him......

Seeing Ahad coming out of his room all okay, she knew her younger son was not lying to her but had said the truth. She now has some ideas to make her son’s life happier than ever, and she knows she’s selfish here...selfish to make his son marry when he isn’t ready himself, she knows he will be the happiest and she wishes only happiness for him..... Mrs. Sofia had Hayat’s chachu number, knowing her relationship with her chacha chachi. She wanted to talk to them about the thing she was thinking...

Ahad mother Hayat’s chacha chachi at a restaurant after a week of talking to them on a phone call and told her thoughts to them “I have known Hayat for a long time, she was the dearest friend to my Eira, I have seen her before but after my daughter’s death, I saw Hayat for the first time at the hospital and I had this thing on my mind about-“ taking a deep breath she continued “I want my Ahad and your Hayat to get married, they both loved Eira a lot and I know Ahad has been going through a lot after Eira death and I know same might be happing with Hayat. I want them to be happy but together this time, I know Hayat's relationship with her parents and that is why I approached you first” Saying her point she calmed down and looked at them with hopeful eyes....

“We will ask our daughter, and if she agrees, then I’ll contact you,” said Hayat Chachu, composing himself. He now felt that his little warrior had grown up now...

At the dining table, the trio was sitting, having dinner together when Saba side-eyed her husband to talk about the topic to Hayat. Clearing his throat, he looked towards Hayat, who was already looking at him. He nervously said, “ My warrior, you trust your chachu, right??” He finished his sentence when Hayat said “More than myself, chachu, tell me what happened?” Hayat said calmly “My warrior, Eira's mother came with a marriage proposal of his eldest son for you,” Salman said slowly, Hayat couldn’t digest what she heard when she heard her chachi saying “We didn’t say anything to her, we just said we’ll ask you about your thoughts and will let them know” she was in dazed now....should she agree to the proposal, but she isn’t ready.....

She has met Eira's mother only in her family, whenever she used to visit her home she would always meet her there, Hayat knows how her mother treated her daughter and her family, she’s a kind and lovely woman who never made Hayat feel like left out at her place.....always loving her like her own daughter, Hayat wanted to be selfish here, she wanted to feel that motherly love again from her till she lives.....

“I’ll think about it, chachu, but I want to know what you both think of this proposal?” Hayat asked, knowing whatever her chachu would say would be what she wanted to hear...

“Chanda, we don’t know the Ahad family very well, but I have seen Eira and Mrs. Sofia's way of behaving to her daughter and you. I think this proposal is the best for you, but it’s all up to you to decide, we won’t talk about it to bhai sahab until you give us the answer, and one more thing, whatever you decide bacha (baby) we want you to continue your studies.” Said Saba, looking at Hayat with hopeful eyes....

She nodded her head and walked towards the door to go for a long drive and clear her mind.

Leaving the house, she looked at the car, touching the door she took a deep breath and sat inside the car, starting the car she took the cut to the right and drove out of the garage, roaming the car around the city in the middle of the night, with traffic in a lot of places she had some issues driving the car but she got used to it by the end of the night.......