CHAPTER 29

HAYAT POV:

Today, Ahad woke up before as usual while I was getting ready, Ahad was downstairs, I guess, making breakfast for everyone. Everyone is coming to our penthouse before we move towards our trip...“Meri Jaan (my life)?” Ahad said entering the room, and looking for me, who was standing in front of the mirror applying moisturizer on her hands, “Oh, you’re awake already, let’s have breakfast, we will shop for some more essentials before moving to our destination in the evening.” Ahad said, coming towards me, pecking my forehead gently while caressing my right cheek. He looked at me, not me but my eyes to be exact, the eye contact between hazel and black was something that had a great power, hearing a glass-shattering sound we parted ways and I said, “I’ll come with you.”
Coming downstairs, I saw Sahil on the side of the sofa while Hammad and Samir were glaring at him....oh not him but behind him, looking at the way they were glaring at, I found someone who was sour to my hazel brown eyes......Seema with a boy standing behind with a big disgusting smug smile on his face...

Hammad came to Ahad, who was holding my hand the entire time, “Sahil followed your cousin on Instagram, and then this idiot told her yesterday about the trip, and here they are, the uninvited guests of ours.” Hammad said while still glaring at Sahil with a smile on his face. Here, I’m trying to process what kind of emotion he’s expressing...

“Miss Hayat, I don’t know what to say, but they came in their car, and Zain said they would like to join us, and he asked Abbu Jee permission before joining us, and now I don’t know what to say to him anymore.” Ashar tried to explain himself....does he know about me not liking his cousin’s sister? I thought to myself when I felt the handhold tighten around mine....”Would you like them to join us, or should I shoo them away?” Ahad asked me, I looked at him confused, “I don’t have a problem. Let them have fun.” I said and turned to Ashar, “Help me set up the dining table idiot.” I walked away from there with Ashar on my side...

“Bhabi, you know how to cook” I heard Ahmad ask as he sat on the seat with his wife and Zeeshan on his side, to which I replied, “Oh, no, I don’t, it’s made by Ahad all alone” I smiled at Ahad as he was filling my plate with toast and tea, when I heard a high pitch attention seeker voice, “how would she know it, she doesn’t have a mother” hearing her, I was furious... I was about to get up from my seat when I saw Mir brothers saying, “But you got a mother, still your behaviour is motherless brat” Ashar said as his friends cheered for him from behind, “If you want to join the trip, then keep your mouth shut, know your limits, think before speaking ill about my wife, I won’t tolerate this kind of behaviour and kick you out next time.” Ahad was fuming in angry, as I looked at him, holding his hand, I made him sit on his seat while serving him the tea.....he looked at me with sad eyes and mouthed “Sorry Hayat” shaking my head as no to his sorry, I turned to Ashar, patting his back for a little for standing up for me, we ate our breakfast in pure silence....

It was evening already when we decided to leave, There were 17 members, and we were travelling in a total of 5 cars and 7 bikes, I was driving my car alone with no one in it but others had company in their cars, Ahad mood was off in the start as he wanted to join me instead of leading us, but I assured him about spending our time alone without any disturbance soon, as I will be following him from behind with others, we started our journey taking M9 motorway to reach Hyderabad first and to have some rest there for sometime as we shop something from there before moving forward....

“My girlfriend, are you enjoying your ride alone in your car?” asked Ashar, speeding his bike and coming forward face to face mine, I looked at my side to see him waving his right hand towards me, “no comments,” I said and pulled my windows up, following Ahad, “is my wildcat angry?” This time, Ahad asked, “Why would I be?” I replied and heard some chuckles, and some whispers, as we all were on a conference call.....

“Bhabi, do you know you look super cool driving this car behind your husband, if not for you being Ahad wife, I would have proposed to you for the marriage” I heard Hammad saying...to which I laughed and was about to reply when I heard, “stop flirting with my wife, I won’t tolerate it again!” I laughed again hearing my husband getting jealous of his own friend’s comment.....”Don’t be so stinking Ahad, you are old for our beautiful bhabi, do you even know that?” I heard Sahil speak in his Chicago English accent.....”I’m just 6 years older than her, and she’s already my wife, if she complains I won’t mind, so stop your nonsense and focus on the ride.” Hearing Ahad defending himself is already heart-flattering, he should know the effect he has on me....
I wanted to capture the moments since the roads were near empty, the sky looked beautiful and most of all my husband looked stunning riding the bike..... “can I capture a video of bikers wheeling please?” I asked and got answer an instant, “why not begum” my husband replied while giving instructions to the bikers, “bikers get on the side, slow down your bike speed, one by one wheel your bike up or drove faster away, the road is empty, and straight, you are need to follow after me, begum get you car in the front and start recording the video, give us signal and there you go” my husband spoken to others in his hard commanding voice and to me, it was soft as I’m a baby..... getting my car in the front I signal then through my earphone and they came, Ashar came first and did wheeling with Uneeb and Rahman on side, after wheeling Ashar looked at the camera, giving it a wavy he rode forward with his friends from behind, then Hammad came from behind wheeling and Sahil and Samir joining them, they went ahead after doing a smooth cross, as they rode forwards I looked for my husband while driving from one hand while having the phone on the other, I was about to stop the video when my husband came with a rose on his hand, he came towards the car and passed me the flower, looking at it in my hand I smiled and looked for him in the front to see him glancing at my way, I pulled my window up and smiled brightly.....

“Your wife demand something and there you go little puppy doing it all” I heard Hammad on the call as other laughed and agreed with him, I know he was teasing us but my husband got some really great sense of humour, “she can tell me to count the sand grains and I would do it too” Ahad said, did he just joined them.....I couldn’t talk, shaking my hand I looked at the rose, seeing a police check point near, we stopped the car as Ahad came down from his bike and started talking with them, looking at my phone camera I tied my hair in a bun and tried to put the flower on my hair, looking at myself, I took a picture and immediately sent to Ahad without thinking twice....I looked forward to see Ahad checking his phone, he came towards me, pulling my window down I looked at my husband who looked at me with dreamy eyes, “Masha Allah” he said and held my chin in his right hand, he said, “Noori, my noori is so beautiful” he pecked my forehead when I heard some cough from behind him, “stop, stop, you romantic couple, we singles are here too” I heard Ashar, whining a little, while making a face like he might throw up soon, Sahil and Samir even made throwing up sounds making me disgusted, Hammad patted there back, and said, “can we move forward or you guys want some time alone?” shaking his head a little Ahad gestured them to move towards there bike as he looked at me, pinching my cheek he moved towards his bike too...
“I’m hungry,” I said, whispering as we were halfway to reaching our hotel in Hyderabad, “Meri Jaan, the bag in your passenger seat has a lot of snacks, if you want you can have them for the time being as we reach the hotel.” I heard Ahad through the earphones and was shocked, he heard me...After he finished his sentence I heard Ashar, “You mean bhai, you have packed snacks for that idiot but not for your brother” .... “and your friends” Samir said, joining Ashar.....” who are you all? I’m only responsible for my wife here not you idiots, get yourself something on your own” Ahad said and I laughed....these men are totally crackheads, who would believe these men are top businessmen in their field...

We stopped at Hyderabad at 10 pm, Ahad said we would be staying there in a hotel as Ahmed had booked our rooms already.....Getting inside the room after having dinner with everyone, I laid myself on the bed without changing my clothes or taking off my shoes, closing my eyes I lay there taking some deep breaths for sometime when I felt a hand on my feet, opening my eyes I saw Ahad taking my shoes off, jerking myself up I tried taking my feet away from his hold, but he just shook his head and took my shoes off, without making a word he set the pillows for me patted at them gesturing me to get myself up and rest, I tried to say, “I’ll go fresh up first-” ...... “hush, sleep meri jaan, take some rest hmm.” He said, caressing my cheek a little. He peaked my forehead and got inside the cover too....

I woke up hearing some sounds coming from the washroom and opening my eyes. I saw Ahad coming out of the washroom, pushing his sleeves down. He spread the praying met for himself when I spoke softly yet whisperingly, “Bubba.”

My husband looked up with shock and surprise-filled eyes. He pointed his index finger towards himself, mouthing the word bubba, asking if I called him that.....My husband is so cute Masha Allah, how many times he’s going to win my heart again I thought to myself and spoke up, “Yes, you, Bubba, wait for me, and I’ll join you too.” Standing up, I ran to the washroom to do ablution.....he has given me a lot of nicknames, not once I heard my name from his mouth since we got married and here I call him Ahad, every time, so I thought to give him a nickname too, and now seeing his reaction I guess I need to call him by new nicknames once in a while...

Praying the fajr namaz with him, I waited for him to complete his dua, sitting on the praying mat. I continued to recite dua on my fingers when Ahad held my hand. He kissed my eyes gently, still holding my hand in his, I gestured for him to lay his head on my lap, he’d been too tired I could see, he looked at my face for some time then laid his head on my lap, taking my left hand in his, putting it on his heart he closed his eyes, I played with his hair locks when I heard him, “are you happy with me begum?” I looked at his closed eyes for some time, and when he didn’t get the answer, he opened his black doe eyes looking directly at me with such emotions that affected me to my core, “Yes, I’m in peace with you.” I said, putting my fingers on his eyes, closing it, observing his face, his calm face.....

We moved to our balcony to watch the sunrise, while he sat on the couch, I leaned my head on his shoulder sitting beside him, he said, “If you get tired of driving the car or want my company, just let me know, I’ll stop everything and join you in the car instead, okay.”

I looked at him confused and asked, “Then what about your bike?” ..... “Anyone else can drive it for me or we can just put it on Ahmad’s car boot space,” he said in such a way that he wasn’t possessive about his bike, he again said, “Even if I’m possessive about my bike, it doesn’t mean I will ignore you for it” I looked at him confused, in the week of our marriage I have seen him noticing me and understanding my unsaid words.....

As we all met in the hotel lobby, we decided to have our breakfast at a dhaba (a roadside café or food stall), as we were having our breakfast, I Seema coming towards our table, “can I sit here with you all instead, it’s really hot there” she said pointing her finger towards the corner of the table, Ashar murmured, “Hmm, you would feel hot after getting jealous of others happiness” ....Sahil made her some space as she sat beside hum, in front of Ahad and me.... “bubba pass me the puri please,” I said to my husband as he moved his hand forward to take a puri from the plate when Seema took it, intentionally touching his hand, Ahad moved his hand away from her like his hand caught fire, and I on the other hand was glaring at Seema, who was now putting her imaginary hair behind her ear while giving a disgusting shy smile, “Miss Hayat, you got me, why asking him then” Ashar said passing me the puri, as I was burning with anger, I suddenly got an idea, I looked at Seema with wide eyes and turned to Ahad, whispering something in his ear, as he looked up at Seema with surprise filled eyes and then at me while shaking his head, I then turned to Ashar and gestured him to come forward, I whispered the same thing I said to Ahad, “kuch nhi (nothing)” and him being dramatic he looked at Seema with wide eyes and then turned his head to me giving me a disbelieving look, I nodded my head as yes then he turned to Hammad and said something, soon everyone on the table gave then same look to Seema except Zain as we didn’t tell him, Seema was curious yet furious, her face was red like chilli which I’m going to put in hot oil, how dare her trying to take my husband attention, she was about to burst, she came towards Ahad and questioned, “what did your wife whispered to you about me?” he didn’t look at her but me as said, “kuch nhi” Ahad was now giving me a “done” look as Seema was going to each member present there asking what I said about her to them....If she can irritate me then I too have a right to do the same...

We roamed around the market, There were six girls in a group, and all of us went shopping in the bazaar (market), with the guys, Ashar was with his guy friends while Ahad friends were at the hotel enjoying their time while I was with my husband, I brought a lot of things for my chachi, ammi, and the girls who were with me on this trip, while I was looking for something unique for myself when I felt a hand lightly touching my back....to be exact on my hip, I looked back to see no one there but Zain and Seema on the shop next to us, I looked at my surrounding to find Ahad when I felt a hand holding my waist lightly, flinching a little I saw Ahad on my side, “why did you flinch, are you okay, do I make you uncomfortable with my hold?” He asked, taking his hand off me when I held it and put that back where it should have been, “I am not uncomfortable, and I will never be Bubba” I smiled and said while he nodded his head and forward his left hand towards me, I saw gajray, my eyes light up, I tried to take it from his hand when he held my hand and made me wore it by himself, I smiled and said, “thank you bubba” I have noticed him gets shy whenever I call him bubba and I love the reaction.....
We were back on our journey, and we took the motorway to go to Sukkur, the drive was the least 4 hours long but I was all tired halfway through the ride, everyone was talking on the conference call but I was silent the entire time, I was not in my good mood, thinking about the disgusting touch I felt when someone touched my hip had me goosebumps raised on my skin, I should have told about this to Ahad but I didn’t have the courage......Ahad was driving on not high speed since the motorway had some traffic, suddenly I heard, “Everyone park your vehicle at the side and get down” Hearing Ahad’s hard voice I parked my car in an instant and got down, I looked the front to see Ahad running towards me.....

Hugging me to his chest, he said, “Don’t you trust me to tell me about that uncomfortable touch you felt? Do you think I would judge you for it?” I looked up instantly, all confused about how he found it out, “Ahad, I didn’t know who touched me, or else I would have slapped that person right there, and then, and I was too much in my thought to tell you about it, but how did you find it out?”  I said, holding his left arm, trying to make him understand my point of view.....

“Will you slap the person who did that?” He asked, looking directly into my eyes, I nodded my head, and he took my left hand in his and headed towards our group, standing in front of Zain and Seema he said, “Slap him Hayat” I surprisingly looked at Ahad, he gestured me to do what he said, understanding what he meant, I turned to Zain and slapped him hard on his left cheek, the slap made a really loud noise since I was really angry before I could do anything more, he came forward when Ashar came and stood in front of me....

“Stop right there, try to come forward towards my student, and I would beat the shit out of you,” hearing Ashar’s hard voice, Seema screamed, “why this bitch has slapped my brother and who the hell are you to stop my brother from giving her what she deserves.”

Ahad said in a gruff voice, “This bastard touched my wife.” He came forward and held Zain’s collar, punching him in the face, “from this hand!” Ahad took his left hand and twisted it around while Ashar too joined and kicked him from behind, Other guys were just standing there. No one came forward, Seema was screaming, “How can you believe this bitch over your cousin?” She tried to save her brother when Ahad stood up from Zain, while Ashar was still holding him, “Don’t you dare to say a word about my wife, she did not say a word, I saw the video myself!”

I was too shocked, I couldn’t comprehend who took the video, how he found it, how he had been so calm a moment ago and angry the other, I came forward and held my husband’s hand, “Hush, I’m alright, let’s forget it, we shouldn’t spoil our trip, tell them to move back home, we should continue our journey, it’s going to be evening soon” I said trying to calm my husband, who took my hand and moved towards my car.....

Seating inside the backseat of my car, he gestured for me to get inside too, as I moved inside, he suddenly pulled me and hugged me tightly, “I’m sorry. I couldn’t protect you, it’s not even a week of our marriage and I couldn’t save you in front of that, I’m so sorry Hayat” I felt my neck wet, I tried to pull back to see his face when he just held me more tightly, not letting me go.... his hold around me was getting stranger as if he thought I’ll turn into thick air if he let go for once...
“It’s okay Bubba, it’s not your fault, I’m alright, you know I’m happy that you stood up for me instead of just silently letting it go just because he’s your cousin” I said trying to comfort my husband..... “But you are my wife, my priority, mine to protect and cherish,” I hummed to his words and sat there with him....soon we moved to the driving seat, and he drove my car while I was in the passenger seat. He told me to rest till we reached our hotel...

__________________________________________
3600 words

Unexpected update on Wednesday ;)
Enjoy....

Insta: author_muniba

Leave comments to let me know if you liked this unexciting update.....