CHAPTER 5

AHAD POV:

“Bhai, bhai we have reached home, bhai” I heard some voice and opened my eyes to see Ahmed near me, his hand on my shoulder “hmm, thank you for taking me home Ahmed” I said unplugging the seat belt to get down from the car, “reach home safely Ahmed” I said going towards the gate of my home...

Calling on my mother’s phone and knocking on the door, soon the door opened, and I hugged the first person who opened it. It was baba jaani (dad) who opened the door for me, “kiya hua beta? (what happened son?)” Baba asked, to which I replied, “I went to race, and the stop was sh- Shahrah-e-Faisal baba” I went silent after saying a simple yet so traumatic sentence, “come let’s go to your room okay” baba said while going inside “begum, Ahad aiya haa, uper room ma a jaye (wifey, Ahad is home, come upstairs)” baba said still not leaving my side....

Soon ammi came to my room seeing my face paled she just went and sat on my bed while motioning me to lay my head on her lap, I followed her command and lay there with baba sitting on my side, “Ahad everything’s alright, look ammi abbu is right here with you, Ashar is also with you right? Just sleep, my baby, “ ammi said, caressing my hair, and soon I slept in her embrace....

HAYAT POV:

I came to Do Darya again to meet Ashar, I was desperate, and I didn’t know why I was feeling that way. I parked my car at the side of the road when I saw the same young boy again, “Oh hey, did Ashar come back or not?” I asked, to which he replied, “appi he is with bikers right now at the back side. Do you want me to call him here for you?” The boy asked, to which I replied, “If it’s possible, please call him for me.”

I waited for him in my car and watched the cars drifting in front of my eyes. Seeing the way people were cheering for them made me think if I could do the same or not...

Soon, there was a knock on my window. Pulling my glass window down, I saw him standing there with a smile on his face. “Asalam Mualaikum, you finally came here.” To which I replied with a, “Walaikum Asalam, yes I did come here but not knowing why,” i was curious about my presence here, my curiosity to see what they do, my curiosity to know more about my car, my curiosity to know if I can engage with some new people around here. Nodding to my statement, he thought for some time and said “look I will tell you something, I’m Ashar, and I do arrange race here for fun, but mostly people come here to see new bikes and cars which they couldn’t have, they love to watch cars drifting and bikes wheeling and we love showing them, it’s all fun here, the fun includes arranging everything, if anyhow any accidents happen we have ambulance and all here, I look after my people here, I know each and every person, and me inviting someone is like giving a special opportunity to them, I invited you here but on serious note I thought a boy had driven this car to Seaview and was least excited but when I saw you going inside the car I knew you could join us, if you want you can race here, drift your car, make friends but in limits, the limit is girls are not allowed here after 10 pm, which means you won’t be allowed here too, this is also the reason that there’s not a single girl in the crowed here right now, if you want to join us you can text me so I can arrange the car rides first and then bike race. You would be the first sports car girl here, and I would love to see you grow and have fun here, “ Ashar said, his all talk make sense to me, he doesn’t want to make any girl uncomfortable that is why there is a time limit of them to be here but why girls are even allowed when he knows this place is dangerous for them, I thought to myself......

“Girls love racing too, and we boys are no one to discourage them. What they love should not be restricted by anyone. That is why they are allowed here but only till 10 pm, “ He said, and I looked at him shocked, thinking if I had said my thoughts a loud, “no you didn’t said it a loud, but it’s general to think that way” he said and smiled, suddenly someone called him from behind. Not wanting to waste his time anymore, I said, “My name is Hayat.” He nodded. Starting my car engine I took my leave to go to my home....

Parking my car at the garage, I got inside to see my chacha chachi waiting for me. “Beta, you’re finally home,” chacha said and came to hug me “chacha I would be back. I have no place to go here, except coming back here” I said while hugging him back, “You got your chacha chachi here in Karachi, don’t you know?” Chacha said while I broke the hug and looked at my chachi. “Why are you both not sleeping yet?” I asked, taking a seat next to her in the sofa. “we just wanted to wait for you.” I looked at them suspiciously while laying my head on my chachi lap. I took some deep breaths and said, “Dad called you guys and asked about my existence, right?” I mouth out the sentence, closing my eyes. “Ahm Hayat beta- yes, he called and said he- he wants to meet you” opening my eyes sitting straight I said “and I do not want to meet your brother chachu, I’ll ran away from here too if he did force me this time” Standing up from my place I went to my room and directly went to lay down on my bed, not caring about changing clothes, I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, soon sleep took over me as I doze off.....