CHAPTER 28

AHAD POV:

I had to wrap up my work for a month in advance and I had to ask my clients for urgent meetings, everything have been hectic this week, its been five days already since our wedding, we are going for our vacations from tomorrow onwards till for a month or half, depends on my wife decision......

I’m not (jouru ka gulam) wife’s servant as per society says, but I want to fulfil her every wish before she denies it, things have changed between us since our marriage we have started spending time together, I would go home with gajray(garlands) just to see her eyes lighten up  I would pray Isha namaz with her everyday and she would talk to me while we sat there on praying met, I would just sit there while both of my people do nothing but fight and at night she lay her head on my shoulder while I read her Urdu novels, she have been obsessed with some Urdu novels and I read them to her every night, and I am not complaining, I love it when she ask what those words mean with the most beautiful, curious hazel eyes of her....

Wrapping up everything, I made my way home, while searching for flower shop to get gajray for her since the one I use to visit this week was close already, my mood sadden and I speed up my bike, parking my bike in the garage I took the keys out to open the door when the door opened itself with my wife in front of it with a beautiful eye smile on her pretty face.....

“Asalam Mualaikum,” Hayat said as she saw me...

“Walaikum Asalam begum,” I said, while losing my shirt buttons sitting on the sofa, drinking the water she passed me, she looked at my hand with curious eyes and I exactly know what she was searching for, “packing ho gayi begum hum dono ki (Is our packing done already?) I asked, to which she replied by shaking her head, giving me her beautiful hazel eyes, I shake my head and smiled a little, holding her hand. I made our way to room, “the bags were heavy. I couldn’t put them down.” I looked at her, she was looking down, her hairs were opened, laying on each side of her shoulder, wearing a red colour kurta she looked too pretty to call my wife.....do I really deserve her?

I put the bags down and started getting everything packed, I looked towards Hayat bag and saw her putting all her kurta, frock in her one bag, I frowned, she used to wear hoodies but I haven’t seen her wearing them since our engagement, “begum, don’t you wear hoodies, shirts now?” I asked, being confused. She looked at me smilingly and said, “No, I don’t anymore.”
Not understanding her clearly, I tried to ask her again but she cut me off telling me to join her for the dinner, freshen up I went downstairs to find my wife waiting for me, we ate our dinner from a single plate, it was my request to have our dinner in a single plate itself because I loved feeding her from my hand and she being shy won’t look at me, my wife got a lot of personalities......

Waking up early in the morning, the first thing I saw was my pretty wife face, she had her face hidden with her right hand while her other hand was holding mine, in this week I have notice she has a habit of holding something to sleep, she would take a pillow at night but that would turn to my hand in the morning, it makes me the happiest, I was deep in my thoughts when I heard a knock, trying not to wake her up I slowly took my hand out of her hold and went to open the door.

“Bhai, there’s a problem that urgently needs your attention in the office, Fawad called and told me about Rehan. He’s having a problem investing in the new firm we recommend him, and he wants your attention to the case right now.” I’m now irritated, I have told Fawad not to disturb me and look after the things till I get back, I was in my thoughts when I felt a hand intervened mine....

Looking back, I saw sleepy hazel eyes looking at me directly, “Go and complete your work, I’ll pack everything here with Ashar. Just come back safely, okay?” Hayat said softly, understanding my work and my problems......she doesn’t demand my attention all the time yet I gave her all my attention because my wife deserves it.....

I nodded my head, as I gently planted a kiss on her forehead and looked at Ashar again, “You help her out. I’ll go and solve the problem and get back to you all soon, till then arrange everything properly. “

Walking out of the office after solving the problem, I found my body stiff, I need rest, I have been working on everything without a break, so we can go to our vacations without any tension but my body is rigid..... ignoring the pain I drove to my home.....

I came inside to see no one in the living room, my friends weren’t there, where is everyone? I thought to myself when I saw Hayat coming downstairs while clinging to my black shawl around her, she might be feeling cold, but my shawl.....Masha Allah...... “You came,” I heard her as she came and stood in front of me, giving me her beautiful smile.....

“Yes, but where is everyone? It’s just evening, aren’t we going now?” I asked, totally being confused......

“Oh, well, I told them to go home and rest, Sahil and Samir bhai landed just two hours ago and went directly to stay with Ashar... we will be going to our vacations from tomorrow onwards, for tonight just have rest.” Hayat said while fetching me a glass of water....

Gulping down the water, I said, “But we planned to go today, then why?” As we moved towards our room, I questioned her again.....

“You were in the office, you have been busy the last whole week with your office work, finishing everything quickly, so we could go without any query, so it’s justified for me to think about my husband health first then the trip, you now change the cloths and eat with me before going to sleep, hmm” my wife said, steeling my heart again......

Coming out of the washroom, I saw her making the bed, moving towards her. I took her hand in mine and said, “Don’t you want me to read the next chapters of Aab-e-Hayat for you?” she looked at me then the wall behind me and put her fingers on her face like she’s thinking something, she said, “Well, I’m pretty excited to know about there interaction, but I want you to rest!” Such a tease she is....

Taking the book from the shelf, I moved towards her, resting my head on the headboard I gestured her to come towards me, as she sat down beside me while lying her head on my shoulder, wrapping her right hand around my left arm, I smiled and started reading the book.....It had became our thing.....our way to end our day.....our way to spend the time together........

___________________________________________
1240 words
Instagram: author_muniba