Chapter 48- Let's Talk

I bent down on the toilet seat as I emptied everything in my stomach. It didn't stop, vomit after vomit kept pushing to my throat as I threw up in the toilet.

“ I've got you," Mr. Vincenzo said as he patted my back but I pushed his hand away. Luckily my hair was still in the ponytail I tied it, although it was a mess.

After throwing up everything in my stomach and it felt like my stomach was calm, I sat down on the floor.

“ Do you feel better?" Mr. Vincenzo asked but I didn't give him a response.

“ Katherine," He said with a sigh, I just didn't have it in me to correct him so I let that slide.

When I felt calm enough I slowly stood up, Mr. Vincenzo brought his hand to hold me but I pushed or rather tried to push him away but his hold on me didn't loosen as he helped me stand. I washed my mouth before he supported me back to the room.

“ You're so stubborn," He said and I still ignored him.

We got to bed and I sat down, closing my eyes for a minute. I'm never taking alcohol again, yeah, I said that the last time but see how good I've been with my promise.

“ Just stay for a while, I'll get you something to eat,”

“ No there's no…”

" I'm not going to listen to that, I can't let you go out with an empty stomach when you're clearly not feeling good,” He said leaving no room for argument, I would have argued if I didn't feel like I wanted to sleep.

He rose from where he was squatting as he looked at me before walking away.

After a short period of time he returned with a tray, there was a plate with pancakes, a cup with coffee and a glass with orange juice.

He dropped it on the bed and looked at me to start eating. I picked the plate as I started eating silently. When I was done I passed him the tray.

He stood up to go to the kitchen to return the tray and I saw it as my opportunity to leave. I had somewhere else to be.

I took the phone I had earlier thrown on the bed when I ran to the bathroom then I rushed out of the room.

Mr. Vincenzo had his back to me so I quietly tiptoed so he wouldn't notice me. When I reached the door I turned the doorknob to open it but the door was locked.

“ I knew you'd do something like that," I quickly turned and Mr. Vincenzo was standing in front of me.

“ I want to leave," I said as I folded my hands glaring at him.

" I need something from you,” He said.

" Well, I don't have anything to give to you,”

" Look Katherine, we really need to talk, there's something I have to explain to you, please. You're too angry to listen to anything now but please just give me a day, let's talk,” He said.

" Sunday, I'm free Sunday,” I said. Do you think I'm going to give him a minute of my time? That's not happening, I just want to be out of here.

" Sunday? Okay, thank you,” He said looking relieved, if only he knew.

" Can I go now?” I asked as I moved from the door so he could come open it.

" Let me drive you home,” He said, wait, my car.

" I found the keys,..." He said as if reading my thoughts…" I brought us here in mine, asked my driver to get yours so it'd be at the office by now," He said, thank God, my sister got me that car.

“ There's no need to drive me, I'll get a taxi," I know he wanted to argue about this too but he stopped himself.

“ Okay, let me get you one," He said as he brought out his phone from his pocket to book me a ride.

It didn't take up to ten minutes, the driver came and I got into the taxi as Mr. Vincenzo closed the car door and the driver started the car as he drove off.

I didn't want to think so I just rested my head on the window with my eyes closed.

The car parked in front of our house, the place I used to feel happy coming to but now I didn't feel anything. Empty maybe, if that counted as a feeling.

My footsteps to the door were slow, it was like I wanted to be here, at the same time I didn't want to.

When I reached the door I just stood there, was he inside? Were they together?

My thoughts were cut short when I heard the door opening and it opened to reveal him. He looked surprised to see me.

“ Princess, you're here," He whispered like he couldn't believe his eyes.

He looked tired and unkept. This must be a facade.

“ I've been trying to call you but you wouldn't pick my calls, I've been going sick with worry," He said as he brought his hand to touch me but I moved back and the action hurt him.

“ Please let's talk, I didn't cheat on you, I didn't," He was still lying.

“ Really?" I asked with a bitter laugh. Maybe he needed proof for his own action.

I opened my phone as I painfully went to the messages sent to me then I handed him my phone.

“ Look at that, you were having fun with another woman, you brought her to our fucking house and fucked her on our bed, was I that bad that you had to seek pleasure somewhere else?" I asked as I looked at him in disbelief.

He looked lost as he stared at my phone screen, what? Was he going to look for a way to deny it again? Everything was in front of him.

“ This, this doesn't make sense," He said as he brought his eyes to mine.

“ Babe we have…” I raised my hand to stop him.

" I'm not here to talk, I'm just here to give you this,”