Chapter 14- Office Clubbing

I don't know what Katherine was driving at but I didn't care if she brought Italy's finest model to take her place it still wasn't going to work for her, she was going to be here and nothing would change it.

I was busy going through some documents when I heard the booming sound of music, I raised my brows in confusion as I got up from my chair and walked to the door. As I opened the door the music became louder as Taki Taki by DJ Snake filled my ear and it was coming from my very hardworking assistant's office.

Katherine.

I moved out of my office towards hers as I saw her sitting on her office desk looking through a magazine as she sipped on a cup of coffee.

" What is going on here Katherine?"

" No, no, it's Miss Westbrook, Miss Westbrook," I don't fucking care, why was she turning my office into a club.

" What are you doing Miss Westbrook?" I rephrased my sentence already seeing myself getting angry, this woman was getting me angry but I wasn't going to show it, I very well knew what she wanted.

" Oh nothing sir, I'm just trying not to fall asleep, it's really boring in here, looking at all the documents and paperwork makes me sleepy, you know as a student of music this is what I like,...coffee?" She asked as she stretched the cup to me, but I glared at her.

" Okay no coffee," She said as she drew it back and continued drinking.

" You're not here to disturb my peace, you're here to work, work Miss Westbrook,"

" Oh I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean to disturb your peace you know you can always send me somewhere else far, far away from your company, I could look up companies accepting interns," She said as she raised her brows in suggestion.

" Katherine?"

" Yes sir,"

" Turn off that music and follow me to my office this instance,"

" As you wish sir," She said as she got up from the table and I walked out of the office with her following behind me.

We walked into the office and I commanded her to take a seat on the chair in front of me. She grumbled something under her breath but I didn't catch what she said.

I walked to the shelf where some important files were kept and I purposely pulled out everything that was already sorted out and walked back to her then I dumped them on the table.

" This is a file for all the transactions made three months ago, sort them by date,"

" What?! I'm not doing that, why wasn't it done all those months?" She complained, I swear if not for the situation we found ourselves I would have loved to punish the new attitude out of her.

" Are you going to do this or would you like me to call your school and tell them how irresponsible you are?" I threatened.

" You wouldn't dare,"

" Then be a good girl and get to work,"

" Insufferable…"

" I'm your boss talk to me with respect," That shut her up instantly, I swear if looks could kill I'd be dead by now.

" I didn't sign up for this, I didn't ask for this, I should have been somewhere else but no, I had to get sent straight to hell, what's my offense?" I just shook my head as I went back to my seat to continue working.

She started sorting the files like I had asked but she wouldn't stop groaning and complaining.

" Miss Westbrook, you're distracting me,"

" Like I care," She whispered, I'm sure she said that so I could hear. I ignored that.

" You could complain all you want but keep it down and make sure you're doing what I asked you to do correctly or you'd have to start all over," She turned to me with a glare, and if not for the situation I would have laughed.

She finally kept quiet as she worked but even without her speaking I knew she was thinking of possible ways to kill me.

She stopped to go for lunch and then she was back, I don't know if she noticed the new files I added but anyway, it'd keep her occupied.

I couldn't help myself as I kept stealing glances at her while she worked, when it seemed like she was noticing my stare I'd turn to my computer and get back to work like I wasn't just staring.

" Shouldn't I be closing already it's getting late?" I heard her ask and I raised my head to look at her, I turned to my wristwatch to see that it was almost 8:00 pm.

" Are you done with what I asked you to do?" I asked her

" No, I'll finish them tomorrow,"

" You have to finish everything before you leave,"

" I can't, my boyfriend will be coming to pick me up soon," I found my jaw clenching at the mention of that prick.

" I can drop you home," I offered. Katherine looked at me like I just said the stupidest thing she had ever heard.

" I don't need you to, my boyfriend would be here any moment, can we just close already, I'm tired…even when I was a maid I didn't get this tired," She whispered the last part but I heard her.

Her phone started ringing and my eyes went to it and it was a call from ' Mr. Green Eyes ' with a red heart. I fought the urge to roll my eyes real hard but I couldn't, I found myself rolling my eyes as I turned to my desktop.

" Hi babe,..." I rolled my eyes again,

" I'm almost done, I'll be coming down soon…okay, I love you too" She said as she ended the call.

" I'm not doing this with you anymore," She said as she got up from the chair.

" You can't leave before your boss,...go get your things we'll be leaving now," I didn't need to tell her twice she rushed out of my office.

I logged out of my computer, took my suit jacket from the chair, and walked out of my office, Katherine was already making her way to the elevator.

" What part of you can't leave before your boss, don't you understand?" I asked as she stopped in her tracks and slowly turned to me with a scowl.

I walked into the elevator and she followed, the ride down was very quiet although I wanted to talk to her I knew she wouldn't even give a shit about me, what did I even want to say?

When we reached the ground floor she rushed out not sparing me a glance, it was like she was telling me to do my worst.

I saw her with him as soon as I walked out of the company, they were kissing and the sight made me feel things I didn't want to put a name on.

They stopped kissing as he led her to the car and opened the door for her then she got in, he was about to turn to the driver's side when his eyes met mine, the bastard smirked at me and mouthed 'She's mine stay away from her,'

Dude just drew a line without even knowing.

Let's see how this one ends.

*****

Is this war?