Chapter 39- Please

“ Babe, what's wrong?" Eddy asked as he quickly rushed to me but when he tried to touch me I moved back.

“ What is this?" I asked as I raised the red thong that was definitely not mine.

Eddy looked confused as he looked at the piece of material I was holding.

“ Where did you get that? It doesn't look like your size," Was he going to pretend like he doesn't know who this belongs to?

“ I found this in the fucking laundry basket and it's not mine and you're acting like you have no fucking idea about this?!" I asked as I took another step back and looked at him, he had confused eyes like he still didn't have a clue what I was saying.

“ Babe, I don't know who that belongs to, I know this is crazy but believe me, I swear I don't know who owns that fucking thing,"

“ Then how the hell did it get into our laundry basket if you didn't bring another woman here?… Is it her?” I asked as my voice cracked.

" Babe no you're… "

“ Don't fucking babe me! Answer the goddamn question?!" I shouted as I felt the first set of tears drop.

“ I don't fucking know what's going on, I swear, I don't know who that belongs to, I didn't bring any woman here believe me, please," He looked so scared as he watched me because at the moment I looked like a tickling bomb.

“ I'm trying to, I'm trying to believe you but it just doesn't make sense to me Eddy, how will another woman's thong end up in our laundry basket, look, take a look at this,..." I said as I raised the red piece.

… " Look how small it is, definitely someone with a smaller ass, was I not enough for you? Did you… did you think I was easy too?” I asked as I felt my heart squeezed in pain.

“ Fuck, babe I'm confused I don't know what to say to you but I have no fucking idea who that belongs to,” Could he stop calling me babe?

" You're still lying, you're still lying to my face Eddy,” I said as I shook my head and turned to the door but he quickly rushed in front of me.

" No! Princess don't, please don't do this, I'd accept to bringing a woman over just so you could forgive me but the truth is I don't know who that belongs to, why won't you fucking believe me, please,” His eyes were becoming red like he was about to cry.

Was he telling the truth and didn't bring home any woman? Then why did I find that there? No he's trying to manipulate me, he's trying to use the trust I have for him to his advantage. I'm done, I'm tired of men treating me like I'm a piece of garbage.

I shook my head as I looked at him and he knew my decision had already been made.

“ I trusted you Eddy, I trusted you so much, maybe I would have believed you if your ex didn't suddenly come into the picture, where did you do it? On our bed? In the shower? On our couch? Maybe on the kitchen counter where you like to take me, I… I can't believe you'll do this to me,” I turned towards the door but he blocked me again.

“ Get out of my way! Get out of my fucking way! Why don't you go to the perfect woman, why don't you go to the woman who you truly want! Because I guess maybe I'm not the woman to be loved," I said in anger as hot tears flowed from my eyes.

“ Don't say this my love, you're breaking my heart, please let's sit and talk but please don't leave me, please," He said as he brought his hand to wipe his tears and then brought his hands to hold me but I pushed them away.

“ Don't touch me please, don't touch me," I closed my eyes trying to kick out the image of him holding another woman, saying the things he says to me to her, doing the things he does to me to her, the thought was painful.

“ How long have you been seeing her?" I asked as I opened my eyes to look at his green ones, green eyes that still looked confused, but the fear in them was what stood out.

“ I haven't been seeing anyone, why wouldn't you just believe me?" He asked as his voice cracked.

“ Believe you? You told me your ex suddenly shows up in your life and next thing I'm seeing a thong in the laundry basket that isn't mine and you stand in front of me looking clueless, are you serious? You're such a great actor," I said in disbelief.

" It breaks my heart, it really breaks my heart that there's no way I can prove to you that I have no idea who that belongs to, please my love I'm telling you the truth, I'm trying to go through my memory, but no memory of bringing any woman into our house is anywhere, because I didn't bring one,” Wow, he was still lying with the evidence in front of him.

I needed to breathe, I didn't want to be here, I didn't want to say something that we would both regret, I knew I could be a different person entirely when I was angry and upset.

“ I need space, let's take some time away from each other," I said as Eddy looked like his heart was just plugged out of his chest. He looked like he wanted to die.

“ I don't want to take some time away from you, I love you, I love you Katy, I don't think I can breathe properly knowing you wouldn't be around me when I wake up in the morning, please don't go, I'm going to go crazy, please,"

" I just need to think Eddy and I think you need to do the same,”

He was still blocking the door.

“ Eddy please move, I need to leave,"

“ Please don't," He said, shaking his head as tears uncontrollably fell from his eyes just like they were falling from mine.

“ I don't want to lose you, I'm scared that if you walked out this door, it's like you're going to be walking out of my life, I don't want that, everything was going perfect,"

“ Until you decided to ruin it,"

“ I promise you, I'm going to prove to you that I'm telling you the truth, just please don't leave,”

" I just need to think! I need to fucking think! Get out of the way!” He closed his eyes before he slowly moved out of the way.

Now that he had moved, why couldn't I bring myself to move.

Should I go? Maybe we could just sit and talk like he said, maybe I could just forgive him.