Chapter 49- Fate's Game

I removed the ring from my finger as I stretched my hand forward for Eddy to take the ring but he just looked at me unblinking.

“ Take it," I said as I moved closer to him to hand him the ring but he moved back.

“ No, no, I'm not taking that back, I'm not, I…I don't want you to breakup with me, I love you baby, I can't imagine life without you, please don't do this to me, please,” He said brokenly as tears began to form in his eyes. I would have believed him if not for all I saw.

" I don't think I'm the one for you,”

" You are, you're the only one for me please don't do this to us,” At that I got angry.

" Really? You sound like it's my fucking fault, you were with a woman on our bed, you fucking had sex with a woman that wasn't me and you dare say I shouldn't do this to us like it's my fault that all this is happening, what the hell?” I said as I looked at him in disbelief.

“ It's not like that, I'm sorry but I just don't want to be without you, life wouldn't make sense without you in it, it would all be a blur,"

" Then so be it, you asked for it,” I said as I angrily wiped away the stupid tears I'd told myself I wouldn't let fall.

" You're being cruel babe,” He said as his voice broke and he turned his back to me.

It looked like he was crying silently before I heard him take deep breaths and then he turned to me.

“ I'm not going to take that ring, I'm going to prove to you that you're the only woman I want, the only woman I need, it's only you and no one else," He said as he quickly brought his hand to wipe away a stray tears.

“ You should really give it to her, maybe she's the one you really want,” I said as I tried to hand him the ring again but this time he held my shoulders as he drew me closer to him.

“ What are you doing?" I asked as he looked into my eyes as if he was trying to tell me something with his eyes but I wasn't seeing anything. My heart was too broken to see anything.

“ I'm going to fix this. I promise you, I can't lose you,” He whispered before releasing me.

I didn't know what to feel or think, I wasn't even thinking.

I was tempted to just drop the ring on the floor and leave but I didn't want us to end things like that, he might have cheated on me but that didn't mean I'll disrespect him because I was hurt, we might never work out but I'll always remember that at one time in my life he was my best buddy, we laughed together, had fun together, we did a lot of silly things, it was perfect but as the saying goes, nothing last forever.

I put the ring in my bag and without saying a word I walked away. As much as I wanted to be strong, I couldn't stop the tears that started falling from my eyes.

Stupid tears.

I got a taxi and drove back to the hotel. I had my life to continue. I might be heartbroken and devastated but I had an internship program to complete and I don't care if my ex sex partner was the boss or not.

When I got to the hotel, I paid the driver and walked into the hotel as I quietly walked to the elevator and punched in the button for my floor.

When I reached my floor I walked into my room and straight to the bathroom, I didn't need anyone telling me but I was very aware that I looked like shit.

I took off the shirt I was wearing and threw it on the floor as I entered the shower and turned on the shower, the hot water raining down my body.

When I was done I got dressed for work, I wasn't feeling even a bit motivated, I felt drained and exhausted like the weight of the world was on my shoulders.

Now standing in front of the company I didn't know if I wanted to walk in or just walk away from here, in fact I wanted to be away from everyone and everything.

But I knew life doesn't always give you what you want because at that very moment Mr. Vincenzo's car stopped in front of his company as he walked out of his car in all his glory.

Our eyes met but I quickly turned away from him as I walked into the company. I knew he was my boss and I was supposed to walk to him or something but I didn't feel like it.

I got settled in my office and I immediately got to work. Believe me when I say, I didn't miss this place one bit, not because I'm lazy and hate working, it's just that this wasn't the type of environment I enjoy.

I was looking at my computer screen when I felt eyes on me so I looked up to find Mr.Vincenzo staring at me.

“ Is there something you would like, sir?" I asked as I stood up.

“ Your smile, I want your smile back,"

“ Excuse me sir but I'd like anything we're talking about to be work related," I said.

“ Wanting you to smile isn't too much to ask, you look even more beautiful when you smile," He said but I ignored his words.

“ Do you wanna talk about it, what's bothering you," He suddenly said and that got attention.

“ Nothing sir, it's personal," I said.

“ If you need someone to talk to you I'm here for you and you know where to find me," He said before walking out of my office and I couldn't be more glad.

I sat down on my office chair with a sigh, the only thing I wanted was to be as far away from him as possible but it didn't seem like I had a choice.

I was stuck here.