Walking Away

"So, you're okay with us?"

"Of course. What makes you think I'm not okay?"

"You're the one who forbids us from showing affection in front of camera."

"Exactly. You're not going public, are you?"

"I don't understand..."

"You demanded a private life. That was what am doing."

"Still don't understand..."

"Listen, I had nothing to do with what they did to you guys. They might claim that what they did was based on my past actions, but since I stepped down, they give me very little information on your well-being. I warned you to only trust yourself, and now you see why. That's why when they asked me to force you to sign the contract, I refused. I knew this day would come."

"So, you're okay if we're all leaving this company?"

"Would it make a difference if I said no?"

"No,"

"Exactly. If you guys want to leave, so be it. I will regret everything, of course, but given what you've been through I think it's only fair if you spread your wings and soar high. Blackpink is one thing that will always be my pride and for that, I would like to say thank you for everything. You guys taught me a lot and I will learn not to make the same mistake to the next group am developing. I'm sorry if this company limits everything and makes you feel restricted. Now that you guys are free, I hope you don't forget that you once were saying Blackpink before you say your name."

"Blackpink will always be our surname. Thank you, sir."

After meeting with Yang Hyun-suk, Lisa took a brief rest in Thailand before returning to Korea to complete her responsibilities with Blackpink. While Jennie was eager to accompany Lisa and meet her family, her busy schedule with her new agency made it impossible.

Jennie had always wanted to build her own label, taking inspiration from Blacklabel, which was founded under YG. However, things changed drastically when tensions heated between YG Entertainment and Blackpink members.

Despite the backlash and being labeled as traitors by many YG officials after refusing to sign a new contract, the girls refused to be intimidated and kept going. Even though there were times when Jennie felt depressed and lacked confidence, she remembered the way they were treated and used it as her strength to keep moving forward.

Jennie's decision to establish her label inspired Jisoo to follow in her footsteps. Jisoo initially received an offer from her brother, who already had her own brand. Eventually, Jisoo decided to merge her own label with her brother's company.

Jisoo could hardly believe it — the joke she made with her members about building their own agencies a few months ago was now a reality. It was an exciting and unexpected turn of events. She couldn't help but wonder what else they could achieve if they put their minds to it.

Jennie planned to take Rosé out to lunch today after she finished checking on the construction of her label's new office. It had been almost a week since Rosé last appeared in their group chat, which worried Jennie. She still wasn't sure about Rosé and Jisoo's problems, and Jennie could feel their relationship getting more distant.

As soon as Alice, Rosé's sister, opened the door, Jennie greeted her with a bubbly "Hey, unnie!"

Alice's face lit up at the sight of Jennie, and she pulled her into a warm embrace. "Finally, someone is coming over!" Alice exclaimed, clearly relieved to have some company.