Bad Dreams

Lisa had finally arrived at Incheon airport, looking around she noticed that there were no paparazzi or fans to greet her. It was only a few staff members at the airport who happened to be Blinks that asked her for autographs and photos.

As Lisa's long legs touched the airport floor, she felt a tingling sensation, the same feeling she got when Jennie was around. Her return to Korea made her feel even more yearning for her mandu.

She was tired and jetlagged, but what annoyed her more was the fact that Jisoo and Rosé had not yet replied to her messages. It was frustrating, she still had no idea why she was forced to return here early and she hated being kept in the dark.

"Have you heard from Jisoo?" Lisa asked Jake, who was busy taking care of the administration for their arrival.

Jake looked up, "Not yet, but she did mention that her family's driver would pick us up," he replied in a calm tone.

"Why? Where's the agency's?" Lisa asked puzzled

"I'm not sure, Lisa. Your guess is as good as mine," Jake replied, slightly annoyed by the sudden barrage of questions.

Lisa could sense the frustration in Jake's tone and decided to hold back her scolding. She realized that her assistant was just as exhausted as she was.

After wrapping up all the pesky administrative tasks, Jake and Lisa wasted no time in tracking down Jisoo's family driver. It took a quick scan of the airport pickup zone for them to spot Jisoo's lux SUV and head straight for it.

As they approached the car, Jake's eyes remained glued to his phone screen, much to Lisa's growing annoyance. "Are you coming or what? We don't have all day," she snapped irritably.

Jake brushed off her comment, muttering something about double-checking their belongings before darting towards the trunk. Left alone, Lisa sighed deeply and collapsed into the car seat. Tired and drained, all she could think about was her bed.

And Jennie.

Actually, Jennie in her bed.

As she sat there, Lisa pulled up her hoodie and covered her face, inhaling deeply as if trying to capture Jennie's lingering scent.

When Lisa shut her eyes, she could clearly picture Jennie's warm embrace and infectious smile as she greeted her after every trip. The tight hug and genuine interest in her journey always had a calming effect on Lisa. Even just to think about it, right now, wanting was enough for her.

Suddenly, a car door opening and closing startled her out of her reverie. With her eyes closed, Lisa threw a comment with a sarcastic tone, "Took you long enough, princess"

The car inched forward through the never-ending traffic surrounding the airport. After a few minutes, Lisa felt herself drifting off to sleep, comforted by the scent of Jennie that filled her nostrils like fresh air. The fragrance was so vivid and soothing that it lulled Lisa into a peaceful slumber as if she were wrapped in a warm embrace.

Lisa had no idea how long she had been stuck in her car until she heard the honking of a horn from another vehicle. She lazily pulled back the hood covering her face and peered out the window, only to realize that she was trapped in a frustrating traffic jam.

While traffic in Seoul wasn't uncommon, this particular jam was unexpected, and Lisa felt her head start to throb with a migraine. She closed her eyes tightly, hoping to fall back asleep and escape the discomfort. But the blaring of horns and the noise of the bustling city outside made it impossible to ignore the chaos surrounding her.

Lisa closed her eyes again while she dug into her small bag, searching for her AirPods. But after a few frustrating moments of rummaging, she let out a sigh of defeat. Just then, she remembered Jake - her assistant and savior in times of need.