The Upward Turn

As Jennie walked down the hall, tears streamed down her face. She felt like her world was falling apart, with anger, sadness and disappointment all consuming her at once. Her body was shaking uncontrollably, and her breathing became more difficult with each passing moment.

Her right palm felt hot and she realized with horror that she had just slapped Lisa in the face. She cursed herself for being unable to control her emotions. The hurtful words that Lisa had thrown at her echoed in her mind, driving Jennie to walk faster and faster. It was like the world had stopped and everything had become a blur, except for the pain she was feeling inside.

"Jen!" Jennie froze in her tracks as she heard Lisa's voice booming through the hallway. It was strange how much of an impact Lisa's voice still had on her.

"Honey, wait!" Lisa called out, her voice getting closer and closer. Fear gripped Jennie's body as she quickly wiped away her tears and ran towards the elevator, hoping that no one would see her.

Jennie's heart was racing as she dashed towards the elevator. She could hear Lisa's footsteps approaching, getting louder with each passing second. Her eyes darted to the illuminated button panel and she pressed every button frantically, hoping to create enough distance between her and Lisa.

The elevator door slid open just as she reached it, revealing an empty compartment. Jennie darted inside, her breaths coming in short gasps, and hit the "close door" button repeatedly. The doors started to slide shut, but Jennie could see Lisa just a few meters away, hurtling towards her.

Lisa stood on the other side of the elevator door, and with a sudden jolt, the doors sealed shut, separating her from Jennie. Jennie let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding and leaned against the back wall of the elevator, grateful for the momentary reprieve.

Her eyes were drawn to the reflection of her face in the door, but it was Lisa's sad, pleading expression that lingered in her mind. "I'm sorry, please," Lisa's voice echoed in Jennie's head.

Even though it was only for a few seconds, she saw the pain in Lisa's eyes, urging her to wait. The elevator ride suddenly felt longer, and Jennie couldn't shake the feeling about what would happen next.

*

It's been exactly 48 hours since the incident, and Lisa was still clueless about Jennie's whereabouts. Despite seeking help from Jisoo and Rose, there has been no luck in locating Jennie. It's as if she has vanished into thin air, leaving no trace behind.

What was supposed to be a fun vacation has turned into a nerve-wracking experience for Lisa. Adding to her worries was the pressure from her agency to post pictures of her vacation right away. While Lisa knows that she doesn't have to tag anything related to Fred, she understands the real motive behind it - to stir up more curiosity among the public about her relationship with Fred.

This media play has taken the public by storm, and everyone seems to be on a mission to gather more information about Fred. People are stalking his social media accounts and even those who are close to him.

As if that wasn't enough, things have taken a turn for the worse as almost all of Fred's family members are sharing pictures of their vacation online. It's like a digital treasure hunt, and everyone wants to be the first to get their hands on the latest scoop.

If Lisa decides to upload her vacation picture, it could add fuel to the fire and make the misunderstanding between her and Jennie even more chaotic.

Jake walked over to Lisa, grumbling about how the agency had contacted him once again for the umpteenth time. "Lis, we need to upload something," he said, hoping to convince her to comply with their request.