Shock and Denial

"This wouldn't last long, right?"

"Why? Are you uncomfortable with this?"

"Are you not?"

"We've been together more than 10 years, Jen. Why would I be uncomfortable around you?"

Jennie woke up with damp eyes. It's been a week since that picture leaked and her dreams every night have been different each time. Some were from her happy memories and the others were her deepest fears. Doesn't matter, neither dreams nor nightmares could set her at ease.

I shouldn't have taken it for granted; she should never have said that. Why would you say that you'd always be comfortable if you were the one who decided to leave, Lisa?
Wondering the same question with no answer, this is how Jennie started her day.

She drowned herself in a tight schedule, showing the world that nothing happened. Sure, nothing happened. Whatever it was between her and Lisa, it was the show they agreed to play on. Right? But the fact that everything was falling apart too quickly made her realize that Lisa's absence hollowed her.

Or maybe she got way too deep into her role?

Her flight to Paris strangely took longer than usual. With a 13-hour flight, she spent the first hour torturing herself by re-watching 500 Days of Summer.

"If Tom had learned anything... it was that you can't ascribe great cosmic significance to a simple earthly event. Coincidence, that's all anything ever is, nothing more than coincidence... Tom had finally learned, there are no miracles. There's no such thing as fate, nothing is meant to be. He knew, he was sure of it now."

The words from the narrator of the movie brutally hit her in the gut. Nothing is meant to be, Jennie needed to remind herself of that. Lisa is Jennie's Summer. It's not Summer's fault if she falls for someone else but Tom. Tom shouldn't be angry when Summer finally finds out that she was never sure of him. Maybe Lisa was never sure of her too?

No. This all was just a play. Jennie shook her head. I don't love her.

"People don't realize this, but loneliness is underrated"

You damn right, Tom. Jennie murmured her thoughts as she stared at her side seat. She was lonely. The movie was still on but her mind was replaying its own film.

"I bought you this"

"Why?"

"I don't know, kinda reminds me of you"

"How?"

"Jisoo unnie asked me the same question when I bought this"

"And?"

"I told her I don't know. It just reminds me of you"

"Okay????"

"Wear it, please?"

As the scene replayed in her mind, she held onto the necklace that Lisa had given her. The necklace she bought from the winter market somewhere in Cologne before their flight to Paris. She misses that moment. Those stolen kisses, the cuddling in their tiny seat-plane that made the other members give them an annoyed look (in a good way), the Fan Service show they played even though there was no camera rolling.

Fan service. Jennie forced a smile from her face. Feeling bothered by the memories made her uneasy. She glanced at her phone to check how many hours were left before she arrived.

The joke was on her, she'd only been on the plane for an hour. She looked at the notification and Jisoo was sending her a message.

 She looked at the notification and Jisoo was sending her a message