Triggers

Jennie and Kai have been friends since before they started their careers, even before they became trainees. They lost touch when Jennie decided to study in New Zealand, but then they reconnected when Jennie decided to become a singer. Coincidentally, at that time Kai had been a trainee for 2 years and he taught Jennie a lot about being a trainee.

Their relationship started as just friends, but then it started to become more intense and finally, they both fell in love. When Jennie entered her 2nd year as a trainee, Kai debuted first and became super famous in Korea.

Being an idol made Kai's life a lot less chill. He had to maintain his image in front of the camera 'cause so many people were watching him. He also had to follow his agency's rules and not date anyone during his debut year.

Even though Kai and Jennie weren't dating at that time, their friendship started to drift apart. Kai was super busy and didn't keep in touch with Jennie as much, which made her kinda sad. But Jennie decided to focus on her traineeship 'cause she was aiming to debut soon.

During his debut year, Kai couldn't stop thinking about Jennie. He wanted to contact her a few times, but he was terrified of breaking his agency's rules and causing a media scandal. He was also worried that if he met Jennie, it could affect her future 'cause the media might catch them hanging out and make a big deal out of it.

After one year of debut, Kai finally got the guts to apologize to Jennie and to his surprise, Jennie was cool with it. She'd been taught how to behave like an idol during her traineeship, and she immediately understood the reason Kai had stopped talking to her. She also didn't wanna contact Kai first 'cause she was worried it might harm his career.

Jennie found herself in a state of confusion when Kai began to rekindle their relationship while she also had feelings for Lisa. During the times when Kai was not around, Lisa played a vital role in helping Jennie heal from her emotional wounds.

Initially, Jennie was just impressed by Lisa's talents as a trainee, unaware of her own attraction towards women. Jennie was open-minded about this matter, having made many friends who identified as gay or lesbian while studying in New Zealand. However, she realized after returning to Korea that not everyone shared her open-mindedness.

Lisa was one of Jennie's closest friends among the trainees, and they grew closer because they could communicate without language barriers. Jennie also played a role in teaching Lisa Korean, which cemented their bond.

Jennie often talked to Lisa about Kai, but she did not realize that Lisa had feelings for her. Although Jennie sensed that Lisa was uncomfortable when she discussed her feelings for Kai, she never suspected that Lisa had a crush on her.

Jennie and Kai had been dating a year before Blackpink debuted, and Lisa was one of the people who knew about their relationship. Jennie felt that Lisa was quite supportive of her relationship with Kai. Lisa even helped Jennie hide her relationship from the agency.

That year was challenging for Jennie because she had to balance her busy schedule with her relationship with Kai. Although Kai was initially supportive of Jennie's schedule, they eventually started having frequent arguments.

Kai felt that Jennie was neglecting him and compared their busy schedules. Their arguments became more frequent and caused Jennie to become exhausted from the relationship. Their affectionate relationship slowly turned into hatred and disappointment, and they were unaware that they were hurting each other's feelings.

Jennie often turned to Lisa for comfort during these moments of turmoil, and Lisa was always there to support her. As the saying goes, those who are loyal always lose to those who are always there, and Jennie gradually lost her feelings for Kai and he eventually feel the same.