Closure

Lisa stared at the horizon from the plane window blankly. As the plane soared through the sky, Lisa's thoughts weighed heavily on her mind. These two days she had spent her sleepless nights convincing herself that things would eventually get better, that the dark clouds hanging over her relationship would one day disperse to reveal a brighter future. But as she gazed out of the airplane window, the distant horizon seemed to mirror the uncertainty that plagued her heart.

As she continued to gaze out of the window, Lisa's mind began to wander. The words of Hyunji played on repeat in her mind, plunging her into a state of deep sorrow.

"She kissed me, right after I confessed."

Lisa couldn't shake off those words, as they wrapped around her thoughts, tying her stomach in knots, killing those butterflies that once lived there.

Her eyes, tired and weary, closed tightly as if to shield herself from the world and the unpredictable turns it had taken. It was as if she urgently wished to keep the pain at bay, fearing that if she let it consume her, she would lose the strength to carry on.

It was a rare moment of vulnerability, a glimpse into the depths of her pain and disappointment. What was once eager anticipation to meet Jennie has now morphed into a desperate urge to flee to a distant haven, where her true self can remain hidden from the world.

"I hate to think that I was just her type" Lisa murmured her thought to Rosé who sat beside her.

"You're not just her type, we don't know if Hyunji told the truth, she might just blabbering" Rosé told her.

"Just think about it, Hyunji and I have a lot of similiarities. She's tall and have a pale skin. She's younger than Jennie and she was born in Marc—"

"2 months! She's only 2 months younger for fucks sake!" Rosé scolded Lisa for her silliness.

"I keep forgetting that Jennie had ended..." Lisa was struggling to put into words the tangled web that was her relationship with Jennie, "Damn it, I don't even know what to call it between us"

Rosé, who was still annoyed, chimed in with "Fan service?" which made Lisa crack up despite feeling hurt.

"I guess she didn't cheat then," Lisa said, trying to make sense of it all. The idea that Jennie had moved on so easily and found someone new was making her head spin, "I'm just surprised, how on earth does Jennie fall in love with her that quick? do you think it's okay for me to call her traitor?" Lisa asked

"You're being ridiculous now," Rosé said, sounding fed up. "Stop overthink things and for the love of Jisoos, enough with the Olivia Rodrigo lyrics already!"

Lisa was rendered speechless when Rosé's reply offended her. In a swift response, she raised the glass divider between their seats. Once it was up, she grabbed her headphones and played Olivia Rodrigo's Sour album.

Driver License hit her hard. It brought back memories of her recent trip to the spot she used to frequent with her friend Jennie, who was no longer around. Every red light and every street corner seemed to remind her of Jennie's absence, leaving Lisa feeling alone and heartbroken.

1 step forward, 3 steps back only added to her despair. She had a plan to win Jennie's heart, but after what Hyunji had said earlier, Lisa felt as if she had taken three steps back.

Traitor resonated with Lisa in a way she never expected. She couldn't believe that Jennie had gone out with Hyunji so soon after breaking things off with her. It was painful to think that Jennie had lied to her about her relationship with Hyunji.

Good 4 u's verse 1 left Lisa filled with fear as it painted a vivid picture of her own emotional state. Aware of her surroundings in the flight restroom, Lisa felt it best to stop the song after the chorus, to avoid any awkwardness of crying on the bathroom floor like the lyrics said.