Chap 99 / Noressa - She likes a boy

Song: She likes a boy - Nxdia
Modern Adult-Teen AU Honora X Vanessa
Vanessa: 17
Honora: 16
Lesso: 18
Clarissa: 17

TW: internalized Homophobia, Transphobia, Religious trauma (might trigger christians, also idk how to do a confession I not once went to church lol)

____________________________________

Vanessa POV

The bus was being so incredibly loud again, so I put my headphones on and leaned against the window. It's been a stressful morning already, I couldn't even imagine what it's gonna be like in school. Yet, here I was in the loudest and most disgusting bus around town, with sweaty hormone rushed teenage boys, little children and those annoying nerds at the front. Not to mention my pores being absolutely ruined by this air.

The last stop. I watched a few kids walk in the filled bus and my eyes stuck to the brown haired girl.. Honora. She was really pretty. Obviously I would never admit that to her face, or anyone's face. So I quickly looked away before she could find me staring. But I couldn't keep my eyes off her. She was so damn.. pretty. Her dark brown hair was braided in two buns and her make up was little but clean, just enough to make her look pretty but not too bitchy but kind, just like she was.

I crossed my arms and turned to face out the window. I had to stop this, this wasn't what good girls were supposed to feel or think, or imagine. My thoughts had to be kept in place, in control. That's what god would've wanted. I was pure, untouched. And normal. Not like Leonora and Clarissa, not like that Castor boy or Rafal. I was normal. I was loved by god.

When we finally arrived at school, I waited for everyone else to leave first, I didn't want to be pressed into those smelling little germs that shower once a week. I quietly headed to the lockers and put my stuff inside, I smiled a little, having to look polite was number one priority, I had to make sure people liked me. My locker was decorated with some pictures of me and Honora, which I'd never show anyone, the pic was hanging in the back of my locker. This one moment was a year old already, we were at camp together and I remember her helping me with some baking because the oil had been running down my wrists and I couldn't keep touching the vegan dough we were making.

After that she grabbed her polaroid camera, the camera was colored light green with little yellow flowers and a few stickers and she held it up and snapped the pic. I was a mess but.. this picture was my everything. Nora was so much kinder than I was, she followed the bible's word better than me, I hated her for that but also.. I knew she wouldn't hate me for it. With a sigh, I closed my locker, taking my iPad, phone and earbuds, making my way to class.

"Hey!" I heard from behind me and turned around to see Nora running into my direction, I took my earbud out and waited for her to stop in her tracks but.. she didn't. Instead she headed right into Stefan's arms. And something inside me cracked.

Quickly, I pushed my thoughts away. Nora dating Stefan was something I should've expected. He was just as kind as she was, just as funny and patient and trusting. So while I walked to my classroom, holding my iPad closely to myself to avoid looking at them, I let out a small sniffle. This wasn't fair.

-

Nora sat herself right beside me in class but I avoided her gaze, her trying to talk to me or ask me for help. I knew I should be nicer, especially to her. Obviously, but god.. one wrong word and I'd mess up. That was until she decided to slide a note over onto my half of the desk and I looked surprised down on it.

< Hii! We haven't spoken in a while, are you okay?

I stared down at the paper. Even over text she was so much nicer to me. I didn't know what to do, or say or answer her. My head was filled with so many things but they were wrong, I had to go to church right after school and getting these thoughts out of my head. I was normal.