Chap 101 / Japeth - They're dead

Tiktok sound: I killed them all, they're dead

Book 6 ALTERNATIVE ENDING

TW: blood, dead bodies,
____________________________________

The ice blue eyes were scanning over the kingdom. The ruins of it, at least. A warm liquid ran over his hands, dripping down on the wooden podium. Sophie's dead eyes looked up at him, next to her the broken crown and Excalibur in pieces.

No crown, no king. No Excalibur, no king. No kingdom, no king.

He was alone now, nobody was left with him. Not the princess, not the witch, not his brother nor his mother or lover. He was alone.

Blood was slowly covering the ground. Slowly, as if everything was in a time lapse. A tear roll down Japeth's cheek. There was this feeling growing inside him, he didn't know if it was relief or anger or discomfort or disappointment. But there was something and this something was growing bigger and bigger and bigger.

"I killed them all." He mumbled and looked around. Looked around and felt the heat inside of him.

The prince, Tedros, was laying on the ground, his blonde hair messy and bloddy and dirty. Agatha, her dress was covered in dirt, ripped at the ends.

"They're dead." Japeth's breath was heavy, deep and loud. Maybe it was panic filling his body and his head.

"Every single one of them." His breath trembled and he closed his eyes for a second.

"And not just the men... but the women.. and the children too.." He whimpered loudly while his chin started to quiver, and his chest moved longer and stronger up and down.

"They were like animals." Talking to himself, his head pounding like something was hitting him from the inside.

The blood kept flowing and covering the ground more and more. Sophie's body was right in his sight, his eyes couldn't look anywhere else but to her body. Her dead body. Her lifeless body and her white skin and her blue lips and her.. her dead, cold eyes..

"And I slaughtered them like animals." He hissed, breaking voice and tears filling his eyes from moment to moment. He gulped down the upcoming feeling of fear. The fear of being alone. The fear of.. having nobody around anymore.

"I hate them." He yelled through the kingdom. A fire was growing somewhere from afar, the smoke was going into the sky and filling the air.

Japeth's knees weren't able to hold him any longer, falling down, his head tilted and blood running over his face and mixing with his tears.

He lost everything and everyone. 

The small wood pieces were poked into his palm and fingertips but he didn't care, he wanted it all to be over.. but there is one last thing to do..

The book and the feather was lying on the ground in front of him, right next to Sophie.. Japeth's fingers were twitching, twitching to reach for his friend.. but he refused, ignored the urge and instead.. He grabbed the paper and the feather.

Just one last wish. 

-

JAPETH POV

Hands wrapped around my waist but I pulled away and cleared my throat. Aric sighed behind me and leaned against the counter.

"What's wrong?" He asked, sound a bit annoyed. I've been distant and quiet for the last few weeks.. After I finally brought back Aric.

Something just didn't sit right with me. My heart was aching and the pictures of Sophie in front of me didn't leave my head. Never.

"You know if you don't talk about it, it won't leave." He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. I scoffed and turned away and went to the small kitchen of the wood cabin.

"You brought me back, love. But you're not here now." He whispered and followed me. Aric's hands reached closer to me but I turned to him and away again.

"It's nothing." I mumbled and rubbed my face. Of course it was something. I just didn't know what. Why did it hurt so much.. Why did it hurt so much that I saved Aric but not Sophie.

"Well, okay." He scoffed and sighed a little. But I couldn't think of anything else but Sophie. My head was pounding, my heart racing and I felt so.. angry at myself.

I grabbed a plate and smashed it across the room onto the wall. Aric didn't flinch at all but I grabbed another one and did the same thing again. Before I could reach another one Aric already grabbed my arm mid air, tightly.

We locked eyes and I breathed heavily. My anger was getting worse and I just wanted to go and let everything go but I couldn't.

"Let go of me." I whispered but he didn't and just tightened his grip.

"Not unless you calmed down, Japeth." He claimed but I hissed and ripped my arm out of his hand.

"I let her die, Aric." I whispered and sniffed. He sighed and we locked eyes. Sadness build and... Aric never showed sadness, never showed how vulnerable he was.

"Do you regret it?" He asked but I shook my head and breathed out.. he was quiet after my tiny answer but I had to leave.

With that, I turned around and left.

____________________________________

Author note-

i wrote this a while ago ^^

Vote <3