Chap 22 / Sapeth - Nightmares

Prompt: Japeth having nightmares about his past

TW: domestic abuse (only slightly)
___________________________________

JAPETH POV

"Fucking cunt!" She yelled, I flinched together and looked away. A knife flew past my head onto the wall.

"Why can't you do anything right?!" She yelled. A swarm of blue butterflies flying around me. She leaned over to me.

"Is it that hard?! That difficult for you to do me a favor?!" Her hand was about to hit my face but my scims cut her hand instead. She tripped back, her butterflies too.

"I- I'm sorry- mother-"

"Go to your room." She whispered. Mother never.. never whispered. I nodded and headed to my room.

Rhian was sitting on his bed, reading.

"What did you do this time?" He asked, not even looking up from his book.

"Sorry?"

"You always upset mother!" He yelled.

"I did nothing!" I yelled back, he stood up and raised his eyebrows.

"Really? Then why is she mad? She is always mad because of you!"

"No! No! I never do anything! It's you! Rhian! It's ALWAYS YOU! but you can't stand up for your fucking actions!" I shouted, my scims leaving my body and flying to my twin, but I didn't care.

I didn't fucking care.

He tripped back as the scims came closer. Sharp. 

"You're the one she should be mad at! You! It's always you!" My voice got louder and louder and I felt my anger growing.

"I fucking hate you! I HATE YOU ALL!" I screamed and my scims cut Rhian's arms and legs, he fell to the ground, bleeding.

Mother ran inside.

"Rhian?! Darling, no! Oh, God.. Look what you've done, Japeth!" Mother cried out. My breath was heavy, the anger getting smaller.

I realized what I've done. What happend.

"I'm. I'm-" 

"Go away!" Rhian cried.

"Leave me alone!" He yelled and held his wounds. Mother next to him. She looked so.. disappointed.

My eyes opened and my scims flew into the guard in the door. He immediately fell to the ground.

"Fuck!" I yelled.

"Can someone send a nurse?!" I quickly left the big living room, I must've fallen asleep.. shit..

I ran outside and headed to my own room.

"Japeth?" Sophie asked, she was in her room, at least she was standing in the door, wearing a morning dress.

"Go back to sleep.." I mumbled, opening my door.

"What happened?'' She asked.

"Nothing. Just go."

"No, idiot. I can see that you're upset. Something happened, besides. You never call a nurse." She rolled her eyes, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Leave. Me. Alone." I growled and turned around to close the door to my door, but Sophie put her feet between it.

"No. I'm not doing that again, Japeth." She said with a fiercely voice.

"Do wha!?" I asked angrily that she wouldn't leave me alone.

"This!" She threw her hands into the air and placed them on her hips afterwards.

I stayed quiet.

"Your whole 'Oh, I'm fine, don't worry I will just have another episode and try to kill myself' thing!" She yelled, shaking her head.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"Sorry, that was harsh.. But still! I won't do that again. I get that you have nightmares and I get that those are bad, really bad. But you're not alone anymore, I'm here. And I won't leave." She said confidently.

"Are you finished?" I asked with almost no empathy. I loved Sophie, but sometimes..  God.

"Stop that!" She made her way to me and wanted to grab my arm. 

"Don't fucking touch me.." I whispered and stepped back, my scims behind me.

She moved back too as she saw the sharp knife-ish scims.

"Japeth-"

"Don't FUCKING touch me." I yelled and looked away.

But of course she didn't listen, instead, she came closer. Carefully, slowly. She took my hand. And I let it happen.

"I know what happened to you, Japeth.." She whispered softly and stroked her thumb over my hand.

"I will not let those nightmares consume you like the last time, I won't. You don't deserve that. Japeth, Aric will be back as soon as he can, you know that." I nodded slowly, I was so tired.

No peace. Never.. not even when I'm asleep. Nothing..

"If you want, I can lay with you." She suggested and we walked to my bed.

"You're with me now, okay? And I will take care for you as long as Aric lets me of course or even longer." She kissed my cheek and we laid down, I chuckled by her words and just leaned my head against her shoulder, closing my eyes again. 

I knew I couldn't fall asleep again, but as long as Sophie thinks I am.. she'll have a little bit of peace… maybe just a little..

____________________________________

Author note-

Pt 2 is right after this one :)

VOTE <3