Chap 11 / Sapeth - I miss him

Prompt: Japeth is drunk and Sophie finds him in his room

_fin_the_flower_ ur idea :)

TW: alcohol, slurs
____________________________________

Another bottle in his hands, he drank it. Then he smashed the bottle against the wall. 

Sophie was walking past his room as she heard something break. She knocked, then opened the door to Japeth's room. It was big, with a king size bed, green light floated through the room. It gave it something.. snake-ish.

Japeth was standing at the window, turning to the girl.

"Sophie!" He said drunkenly, he tried to walk to her but needed to lean against the wall.

"Have you been drinking?" The witch asked and Japeth nodded with a big, weird smile. Japeth chuckled and tripped over.

"Whoa- hey, oh God-" She headed to him and helped him stand up from the ground.

"I don't need your help!" He tried to push her away but it wasn't easy, being so drunk he couldn't even see clearly.

"Hey, come on, to bed with you. Let me get Kei-" 

"Don't! No! I hate this guy!" Japeth yelled and pushed her finally. 

"Go away, Soph.." He mumbled, sitting down to the floor. Japeth wished everyone to leave. He felt so lost and so alone. Usually he doesn't drink, he actually hates alcohol but today.. something just came over him.

He needed to shut down the voices. The feelings. The thoughts.. he just wanted to be left alone.

"Japeth, come on.. the bed is surely more comfortable!" Sophie tried again, but the boy shook his head.

"You know, Soph.. I really like you.." he said, his head against the wall, he looked up.

"Okay?"

"But.. but I don't love you. I love Aric. You know? Aric? With the black hair and.. and.. uh.. purple eyes!" Japeth chuckled.

"So beauTIFul!" 

"Japeth.. come on.." Sophie didn't know what to do with the boy, he seemed less scary than usual. He seemed.. just like a drunk boy.

"No! No! Listen!" He said, lifting his hand.

"Rhian, that bastard.. He.. he wants mother back. Mother! That bitch! With her ugly blue butterflies." Japeth started, he sniffed.

"I.. Me, yeah? I want Aric back. I want.. I want my love back.. You know, how you love.. uh.. what was his name? The one who.. uh.. turns into uh.. a wolf? Yeah! Him!" Japeth tried to stand up, so Sophie helped him and without him noticing, they walked to the bed.

"You mean Hort?"

"Yep, that one. I love Hort- no, Aric the way you love Hort!" He said and smiled, patting her head. Sophie felt her cheeks burn.

She didn't love Hort, so why did she react that way? And how could Japeth love Aric? That.. Tyrann. He killed Lady Lesso. He killed his mother.. So why did he love him? How?

Sophie looked at the boy in front of her, with the red hair and the blue eyes, who was laying on the bed talking about a person she knew was a monster.. 

"Aric.. Aric.. oh.. my Aric. He was.. he was so different from the others, you know? He was.. he saw me. He loved me. Not like momma or Rhian, that bastard." Japeth said, smiling brightly.

"Aric loved you?" Sophie asked, stroking a hair strand away from Japeth's face while sitting next to him. Japeth nodded. He loved Aric and Aric loved Japeth.

"We belonged together, you know.. like.. Tedros and Agatha! Or.. uh.. Dovey and Lesso, they were cute together!" He laughed and took Sophie's hand.

"How was Aric?" She asked.
"To you?"

"Oh, he was so lOVely!" He sang, as Sophie looked at him, she noticed the tears in his eyes.

"And I miss him.. I miss the boy!" He kissed her hand and leaned back again.

"You should sleep now, Japeth, come on." Sophie stood up and wanted to leave but before she reached the door she heard quiet sobbing.

"Stay.." Japeth whispered with a shaking voice.

"Please?" He asked then and sniffed. Sophie sighed, she knew how he felt. So alone. So.. unloved. It was a familiar feeling.

She knew what it's like to have a parent who didn't love her, or having a best friend who turned their back on her. Or every moment she avoided Hort because she was scared she'd hurt him like any other.

Sophie didn't want Japeth to feel alone.

She laid next to him.

"You know.. I tried to kill myself after every fight Aric and I had. He was pretty pissed at me." Japeth chuckled,

"Okay, Japeth.. Let's make a deal. I'm staying with you but you're sleeping now, okay?" Sophie whispered softly and stroked over Japeth's bringing cheek.

"Okay.." he mumbled, then he cuddled himself onto her and sniffed again. Japeth laid his arms around the girl and just stayed there. Sophie did nothing against it but smiled slightly, maybe he wasn't as bad as everyone said..?

He just wanted to be loved..

And I did too.

____________________________________

Author note-

I'm obsessed with Sapeth friendship!!!

I did want to write a funny one actually but it turned out like this I'm so sorry..

VOTE <3