Chap 4 / Jaric - Halloween (special)

Modern AU: everyone is 17, one friend group
____________________________________

Aric and I were walking hand in hand through the streets, we were dressed up as Aziraphale and Crowley from 'Good Omens', Tagatha are Victor and Emily from 'Corpse Bride' while Hophie was walking around as Morticia and Gomez Addams from 'Wednesday'. Hester and Anadil are Edward and Kim from 'Edward scissorhands', they're obsessed with them. 

As we walked along the streets, Aric and I decided that we'll scare children, since we made our outfits a little more "horrified", even though Tedros yelled at us for doing so. We can't help it, we're evil.

"Why don't we also go trick or treating? I mean, maybe they'll give us money?" Sophie said and we turned around in shock.

"Sophie, look, I get that we're too old for trick or treating but money? Seriously?" Agatha said and laughed.

"We can still try!" Sophie laughed. Actually, we wanted to go to an old castle that is now in ruins. We wanted to make a photoshoot and make videos for our YouTube channel but now I'm not entirely sure if we're still going there.

A few kids were running towards us, laughing. They stopped and looked at me and Aric.

"Why is your angel evil?" A girl asked, she was wearing a Elsa costume.

"Because I'm an evil angel and my boyfriend is an evil devil," I explained and smiled.

"Boyfriend?" A boy asked and looked disgusted. I assumed they're maybe 10 to 12 years old. 

"Yeah, boyfriend." Aric said and took my hand. I felt uncomfortable though.

"Ew.." the little boy said, that's when I took my hand out of Aric's. 

"My mom says you're disgusting. And you'll rot and hell," He said and shrugged his shoulders.

"Does she, huh? Well f-" Aric started but I interrupted.

"Well, moms can be wrong sometimes." I said instead and tried to smile. Then I noticed a woman walking up to us, she was wearing a witch costume and took the two kids by their hands.

"Why are you talking to my kids?" She asked aggressively.

"They asked-"

"No, they didn't. My children know they shouldn't talk to strangers." She hissed and shook her head.

I felt Aric's calmness changing.

"Look, ma'am, I'm sorry but we really just answered the questions of your kids," I tried to explain but she didn't listen and pulled her kids back.

"Stop talking back, don't you know what respect is?!"

"I'm being respectful, I'm trying to make you understand that we didn't do anything-"

"My children do not talk to strangers, so the only way-"

"Look, lady, I don't care how you raised your children but if they talk to us then they talked to us. And if they don't even get the chance to tell you, maybe you're the problem." Aric snapped and grabbed my hand, pulling me away.

"Aric, you shouldn't-" I started but heard the woman.

"I'm sorry?! That is not how you'll be talking to me!" She yelled.

"Aric, no."

"Aric, hell yes!" He turned around, taking his hand out of mine. I tried to get the others' attention but they were admiring some decorations three houses ahead. Great.

Aric walked back to the woman.

"I will talk to you, the way I want. If you can't respect us, I'll not respect you." He said and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"I don't need to respect you, you fag-"

"What did you just call me?" Aric asked aggressively but I heard the smirking out of his voice.

Oh god.

"You heard me," Now the woman was crossing her arms.

"Just because you can't find happiness in your straight, boring life doesn't mean you are allowed to bring down others. Living an average life with no husband and two kids you can't even take care of, so they need to raise themselves into proper teens can be very stressful, I get that but that doesn't mean you have the right to make others feel like they're not as much worth as you." Aric said and the woman's jaw dropped.

"So, if you think you talk with me with so much disrespect and hateful threats, then go ahead I won't be the one paying for your stay in the hospital!" He made himself taller. That was my cue to go in between.

"Aric, that's enough!" I said, and took his hand, pulling him back.

The woman was close to crying and I honestly didn't feel bad. Her kids almost laughed. 

"How dare you-" I let my scims cover up her mouth, Aric chuckling.

"I think you said enough, ma'am." I said, smiled and took my boy to turn around, then we walked to the others and my scim followed my back.

"I will call the police!" She yelled, then she turned around.

"Do that, we don't care." I said and heard the woman yell at her children for laughing. Then I quickly caught up to the others.

"You good?" Sophie asked, I nodded.

"Let's go to the ruins," I said instead and smiled it off. Aric's grip around my hand tightened. I looked at my boyfriend and smiled, seeing how he felt about what the woman said.

"It's okay." I mumbled and kissed his cheek quickly. Let's hope it didn't ruin our mood for today.. 

____________________________________

Author note-

Not exactly what I wanted to do, but it turned out that way, sorry lol

Anyway, HAPPY (late) HALLOWEEN! :)

I didn't have time to write yesterday, so I just wrote it today instead ^^

VOTE <3