Chap 18 / Sapeth - best friends

MODERN AU: Sophie and Japeth being best friends
____________________________________

"Oh, come on, he's ugly!" Japeth chuckled and gave Sophie another bite of his sandwich.

"No! He's not!" Sophie said back and laughed. They were sitting together in a small cafe, looking at guys.

"Okay, okay, he looks.. okay. Not my type!" Japeth claimed. 

"Right, you like black haired boys with purple eyes, am I right?" She chuckled and raised her hand for a waiter since they finished and wanted to pay.

"Okay, but you like brown haired boys who turn into wolves!"

"That is absolutely not true!"

"No? Oh, please! 'Oh, Japeth, Hort looked at Nicola! He used to look at me like that!" Japeth mocked.

"Oh shut up!" Sophie hit his shoulder slightly and paid for the food they had, then they left and took a walk.

Sophie and Japeth have been friends for a while now. They hated each other at first though, then Japeth helped Sophie when she almost got kidnapped by some guy and they turned to best friend.

"Okay, what about him?" Sophie asked, her arm in Japeth's. She pointed at a black haired boy who was talking with another boy.

Japeth took a look and realized it was Aric. He pulled Sophie with him behind a corner before the boy could see them.

"What- oh! Oh my god! It's Aric!" She said happily, Japeth placed his hand on her mouth.

"Pssst! Hort is also there.." He said and looked over the corner, they left. Japeth breathed out in relief and took his hand off Sophie.

She laughed.

"Oh my God! You really like him!" Japeth rolled his eyes, and they walked home. A small two room apartment they shared for two years now.

They made themselves ready for a party, Japeth made Sophie's hair, braided it. And Sophie put some make up on him.

"You look so good!" She said and they took pictures together, they posted it on their insta story, then they went to the club.

The music was already pounding a few minutes before they arrived at the club but then they went in.

Japeth was drinking while Sophie was dancing with a boy. Japeth kept his eyes on Sophie, so nothing would happen when he noticed someone sitting down next to him.

"Hey," Japeth turned around and looked Aric in the eyes.

"Oh.. hey!" He made and felt how his head heat up even though it was already hot.

"Want a drink?" Aric asked and the red haired boy nodded. He then looked at Sophie, she seemed more uncomfortable now.

"Uh.. I'll be right back-" Japeth started but then he saw Hort and sat back down.

"Don't worry, he got it" Aric said and gave Japeth his drink. Japeth smiled but kept his eyes on Sophie and Hort.

"Wanna go outside? Or do you want to keep staring at them?" Aric asked.

"Huh? Oh, uh, no.. I mean we can go! I just need to keep an eye on her.." 

"They can come with us?" He suggests, Japeth nodded and they took Sophie and Hort with them.

The night was cold and dark but it was kinda the vibe. 

Hort had Sophie piggyback and Japeth and Aric were just walking next to each other.

"They're cute together!" Japeth smiled, then he got pulled around.

"So would we." Aric said, leaned down to kiss the red haired boy. With a small gasp he kissed back. Then they heard Hort and Sophie cheering.

Japeth blushed and they kept walking.

"We can go to my home," Hort suggested to Sophie.

"Sure-"

"Absolutely not!" Japeth said instead and all three looked at him.

"Why? Don't you trust me?" Sophie asked with a chuckle.

"Oh, no, I trust you. Just not him." He pointed at Hort.

"I promise, I won't lay a finger on her!" He said.

"Oh, come on. I mean, he's my best friend and besides… then we two can go to my home.." Aric said and laid his hands around Japeth's stomach from behind.

"Or!" Sophie said as she saw Japeth's panicking face.

"We can watch a movie in the cinema!" She said.

"Good idea!" Japeth said too and took Sophie by her hand, pulled her behind him.

"We could watch the new horror movie!" He smiled awkwardly while Hort and Aric exchanged a look.

They knew that those two were awkward together, and it was funny seeing them getting frustrated.

"Sure." Aric shrugged his shoulders and they followed those two clowns to the cinema.

____________________________________

Author note-

Gotta say, I don't like that one.

Anyway.

VOTE <3