Chap 16 / Japeth & Rhian - I do try

Prompt: Tiktok sound [tori: dad comes into the living room "alive then"..]

____________________________________

I was sitting at my desk, writing something when I heard my door open.

"Alive then?" Rhian asked and sat on his bed. I said nothing, because I don't feel alive.

After the fight yesterday I just didn't feel alive.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" He asked again and waited.

"No, I am not." I answered, then I turned around to look at my twin.

"You know, if you want mom to be proud of you, you have to try." He started.

"You have to put in the effort." He continued and shook his head.

"Your problem is that you don't try!" I felt the anger inside me growing.

How could he say that? How could he say I don't try? Because I do try.

I have tried.

I have tried for 16 years!

My chin was quivering and I held back my tears, then I stood up. I walked to Rhian, grabbed his collar and pulled him to me.

"You don't need to try, because you're her favorite. Because you are good." I said and pushed him away.

"That isn't true, Japeth-"

"No? It's not true?! How many times did I stay in my room? Without food? Without anything to drink? Starving? No one with me? How often? Rhian?! HOW OFTEN!?" I yelled, he flinched.

"You can't even tell me because you don't care!" I hit the wall. 

"That is absolutely not true!"

"It is!  Have you looked at me?! I don't get anything to eat because mother thinks you're the best!" I yelled and shook my head.

"We just don't have enough -"

"Don't fucking lie.. don't fucking lie to me!" I shouted, my scims flying to him. He flinched again, as my scims cut in his skin, even if it was just slightly.

"Japeth, put them away." Mother said, she was standing in the door, looking at us.

I did as she said, my scims flew back to me, then I turned to her. I walked to her. Stood there.

"Fuck you." I spit in front of her then I left. 

____________________________________

Author note-

Short chapter but I made a tiktok to the sound a while ago and I needed to write it down :)

Vote<3