Chap 5 / Dot & Y/N - Chocolate

Prompt: Pinterest ['I'm not going to hurt you - I've hear those words before']

You have red hair and orange eyes!
____________________________________

POV Dot

Hester and Anadil were walking before me, they were whispering and mumbling. I loved seeing them together, no doubt but it doesn't mean that I can be left out. Not that they ever really let me join their group.

A chocolate bar in my hand, I looked around the forest. Something in the bushes moved. It rustled.
"Uhm, guys-" I started but they were too far away. For the moment, I stopped caring and left alone. Trying to be quiet, I walked through the bushes and over leaves.

I noticed a red fur in the green grass.
"Psst!" I made and went on my knees, I held my chocolate out, then it came out. It was fox. I smiled and held the chocolate closer to the animal. Its head was leaned down but it still looked at me, its tail between its legs.

"I won't hurt you," I said. And sat fully down.
"I've heard those words before," It said and with a small turn it transformed to a human being. I flinched back.

"Whoa.." I mumbled in disbelief. They were beautiful. They had short red hair with a white strand. Their orange eyes were looking at me with wariness.

"I'm Dot!" I said.
"Y/n.." They mumbled, brushing their hair with their hands.

"Nice to meet you! Uh, want chocolate?" I asked and again, reached them my chocolate bar, they shook their head.

"I'm not allowed to eat milk products, thank you." They explained, I nodded and smiled.

"So what are you doing out here?" I asked and completely forgot about Hester and Anadil.

"Hunting.. and you?" They kept their answers short but I was fine with it. As I chewed on my chocolate, they sat down too and leaned against the tree behind them, legs pulled up to their chest.

"Me and my friends are looking for someone but haven't find anyone yet,"

"Why aren't you with your friends though?" They asked.

"They don't really like me, I guess." I shrugged my shoulders and swung my legs from one side to the other.

"Mh.."

"Do you want to join?" I asked, their face lit up for a moment, then they got cold again. I tilted my head, weird.

"So?"

"No thanks, I need to go." They stood up and left quickly without any other word. As fast as I could, I followed them. Running through the bushes, the thorns cut my legs but I didn't care. 

"Wait!" I heard a gunshot. I stopped.

"Y/n?!" I asked loudly into the forest, I kept running.

"Y/n?!" Nothing. Then I heard whining. Someone was in pain. I followed the noise and stopped at a small lake. The water was clearer than the one in the school for good. It shined in different green and blue shades and it seemed like it was glowing. The trees and flowers were more colorful than the ones in the forest.

"Go away!" Someone yelled. My head turned to the waterfall at the end of the lake, almost automatically, my feet led me there.

I saw a man standing in front of Y/n, a gun attached to his back, a knife in his hand, he looked down at Y/n.

They were holding their bleeding knee, breathing heavily. They hissed, sharp teeth showing. The man grabbed their hair and they whined in pain.

"Hey!" I yelled, pointing my glowing finger at the man.
"Let them go!"
"And who are you?" Now I saw the man, a pirate.

"I'm Dot, let them go!" I said again. The man let go of Y/n's hair and walked up to me.

"Do you think I'm scared of you, child?" He asked and scoffed. Then his eyes widened and he thumbed to the ground. I looked up and saw Y/n standing, holding themselves at the wall. My head went back to the man and a big rock was laying next to him. Then I looked back at Y/n.

Y/n half-fainted and sank back to the ground, I headed to them and sat down.
"What's wrong?" I asked, panicking.
"Blood.." They pointed at their leg covered in red liquid.

"Oh, oh! Oh, wait!" I took off my jacket and ripped the arm away from it, then I bandaged it around their wound. Y/n hissed in pain.

"You're doing great," I said and pressed the fabric more at their leg.

"Dot?! Dot?!" I heard and turned around. Hester and Anadil were running through the waterfall and looked panicking around.

"There you are! Are you crazy, leaving us like that?!" Hester yelled and ran first to me. Then Anadil, they didn't even notice Y/n until they stopped running.

"Who is that?" Anadil asked.

"Y/n, I found them, they're hurt," I explained and looked at the fox next to me. My smile faded.

"What happened to it?" Hester kneeled down next to me and looked at the bleeding leg.

"Hunter." I said and  nodded at the man on the ground. I was biting my lips.

"We can take it to the school, if you want." Anadil suggested, I nodded quickly, then I picked Y/n up and followed Hester and Anadil out.

"In the school, they're gonna take care of you," I said quietly, so only Y/n could understand. They cuddled their head against my arm.

"See, I told you, I won't hurt you," I said and smiled, stroking their chin.

____________________________________

Author note-

Shorter chapter but I love Dot <3

VOTE <3