“I loved you very much a long time ago.”

Juliet smiled broadly.

“So, just this once, die by my hand.”

In a flash, Lennox noticed the sharp knife Juliet held in her right hand.

His reaction was pitifully slow and clumsy, but he didn’t avoid her.

* * *

The next morning.

It was a continuation of several days of feasts, and the imperial palace was bustling with guests from the morning.

This was because guests kept arriving in anticipation of the upcoming wedding.

“Yet, I don’t see Duke Carlyle.”

The Emperor glanced around the ballroom.

“I was informed he’d attend today.”

“Well, who knows.”

Marquis Guinness appeared somewhat anxious.

‘The hypnosis should have worked perfectly.’

He had planted many informants around Duke Carlyle, but strangely, by morning, the news the Marquis had been waiting for had not come – the news of the Duke’s assassination by his lover.

‘Did it fail?’

Even if that were the case, the Duke wouldn’t have spared the woman who tried to stab him.

‘So, was Juliet Monad the one who was assassinated? Hmm.’

Marquis Guinness toyed with his rosary beads for a moment.

Regardless, there was no loss for the Marquis. After all, he had managed to steal Juliet Monad’s spirit.

The Marquis’s eyes met Dolores’s, who was on the other side of the banquet hall. Dolores discreetly nodded with a smile.

The previous night, just before leaving the ballroom, Juliet had revealed how to manipulate the butterfly spirit.

Under hypnosis, Juliet shared every secret she was asked about.

Dolores, being a spirit summoner that the Marquis had painstakingly found, soon became adept at handling the butterflies.

While others hadn’t noticed yet, the Marquis and Dolores saw it clearly: the shimmering butterfly spirits fluttering from Dolores’s hand.

“And if need be, we can frame the Duke of Carlyle for murder.”

Marquis Guiness thought so.

It’s a grave sin to kill someone in a situation that is neither a duel nor a war.

If he is accused of killing a woman who had been his lover for seven years over a mere quarrel, even if he’s Duke Carlyle, the impact would be significant.

Then, taking advantage of that gap, Marquis Guiness would completely dominate the magic stone market.

The Marquis had prepared plans to buy mines in the north as soon as Duke Carlyle faltered.

It was a time when Marquis Guiness was very ambitious.

“Your Majesty!”

From the far end, a servant of the palace hurriedly ran.

“It’s a big problem!”

“What is this commotion in such a joyous feast?”

The Emperor frowned gently.