360

I sat on the living room sofa, softly lit only by standing lights, and showed my shoulder to Ha Tae-heon.

Fortunately, the wounds on my shoulder and cheek were both just grazes, so they weren't serious. Ha Tae-heon wiped the bloody wound with a clean cloth soaked in water and then gave me simple treatment. He was very skilled in spraying disinfectant and applying dressings.

Ha Tae-heon did not say a single word while my wounds were being treated. I couldn't easily ask him to talk to me in the silence and stiff atmosphere.

He has the right to be angry after all. The reason I didn't hear from him isn't because he's busy... It's because he didn't want to answer my calls. As soon as I realized that, like last time, a tingling and stinging pain spread into my stomach, as if I had been stabbed by a needle. It only lasted for a moment, but it made my stomach hurt more than my shoulder, which had been sprayed with disinfectant.

Not only did I recklessly come to meet someone who avoided contacting me, but now I also received help. There was so much shame that I just hung my head low.

Tak.

Ha Tae-heon finished the treatment and slammed the first aid kit shut.

I, who was sitting nervously, reflexively flinched at the sound. Ha Tae-heon saw that and sighed softly.

"I guess you know what you did was wrong."

Although his tone was still stiffer than usual, I felt a great sense of relief just knowing that Ha Tae-heon opened his mouth first.

"... I apologize."

"Explain why this happened."

I swallowed dryly and nodded. Where should I start. I suppose I should start by telling him about the book called 'Abyss'. I hesitated for a while and then spoke.

"So, um... About the identity of the book Abyss."

"No, not that one."

"Yes?"

Not... that one? Then what do you want me to explain? As I looked at Ha Tae-heon in confusion, he sighed again.

"I'm asking you to explain where you got hurt and why you came here at this time."

"Ah."

I was told to explain that first. Feeling embarrassed, I touched the back of my neck.

But the explanation for this part was equally ambiguous. Still, I opened my mouth, determined to be as honest as possible.

"I tried calling and sending messages, but Ha Tae-heon-ssi didn't answer. That, I'm not blaming Ha Tae-heon-ssi. It was my fault, and I thought you were very ... disappointed."

"......."

"Still... I came because I wanted to see you face to face and talk to you. I'm sorry for suddenly coming to you at this hour. I couldn't wait until daybreak to pay you a visit."

"So you got hurt on the way here?"

"Yes. It seems like someone used a ranged weapon on the roof of a building. It's faster than a bow and doesn't make a gunshot sound, so I'm guessing it's a crossbow-like weapon."

"If it's a crossbow... If a weapon was used at this late at night, it means that it was targeted since the beginning."

Ha Tae-heon crossed his arms and glared at me with a frown.

"Han Yi-gyeol. I'm sure you know there's a lot of noise going on about you right now. Didn't Requiem tell you to refrain from going out for a while?"

Oops. I gently covered my shoulder, avoiding Ha Tae-heon's gaze as he pointed out the exact problem and scolded me. Since I was taking off my top while receiving treatment, the injured area was so clearly exposed for him to notice.