274

The scenery in front of me changed rapidly with the sound of the page-turning.

Flowers blossomed and then withered, fresh blue leaves were dyed red and fell to the ground, and snowflakes fell from the grey sky.

Cheon Sa-yeon, who was standing by the window where the bare branches of the tree were seen, sat down on the chair and the woman lying on the bed opened her mouth with a rough voice.

「Is that you, Sa-yeon...?」

「Yes.」

In just one year, the child had changed beyond recognition.

He was a little taller and well-dressed. But what caught the eye more than that was the dark expression on which there wasn't even a single point of light to be found.

There was no longer a child running around the playground to catch a ball and begging the woman for sweets.

「...Sa-yeon-ah.」

The woman raised her skinny hand and the child, Cheon Sa-yeon, grabbed her white hand.

「I'm really... sorry for you.」

「It's okay.」

「A little more... together...」

The woman, who was stuttering, shut her mouth as if she had run out of energy. Cheon Sa-yeon, who had seen the figure with complicated eyes, raised his head at someone's presence.

Through the open door, the hem of the opponent's clothes could be seen. Cheon Sa-yeon, who frowned slightly, got up from his seat.

「I will come again.」

「Already...?」

「Yes. Please take your medicine.」

「Don't worry.」

The woman, who watched Cheon Sa-yeon silently drape the blanket over her chest, raised her arm and stroked the cheek of the child.

Her overly pale hand trembled at that simple act.

「My dear sweetheart.」

「......」

「Mom always loves you.」

Cheon Sa-yeon, who frowned for a moment as if his emotions were overflowing with those words, answered in a low-pitched voice.

「Me too.」

Cheon Sa-yeon, who leaned his upper body and kissed the woman's hollow cheek, left the room.

The child, who closed the door so as not to make any noise, headed outside without hesitation. Only then did I realize that this place was a small detached house in the corner of the garden.

「Don't come here anymore.」

Cheon Sa-yeon shouted loudly at the other child who was moving away from the detached house. The child heard that and turned his body toward Cheon Sa-yeon. The exposed face was terribly contorted.

「What?」

「Don't come.」

The child called Cheon Je-heon strode forward and stood in front of him. His size difference was so great that a shadow was cast over Cheon Sa-yeon's body.

「Who are you to tell me what to do?」

「Mom hates you.」

Even with Cheon Je-heon, who was much larger than himself, in front of him, Cheon Sa-yeon wasn't intimidated and spoke again.

「Don't come. They said she shouldn't be stressed.」

Cheon Je-heon, who had listened without a reply, gave an annoyed smile and waved his palm at once.