Remorse (part 2)

Magsimula sa umpisa

************************************

"Does that mean I'll never see my momma again?" Ronald took a deep breath and ran his hand down his face. He was doing his best to explain to his children that their mother died. He wouldn't dare tell them she committed suicide. He knew they were too young to process that and he didn't want to taint the image they had of her. He nodded his head yes, cause he couldn't bring himself to say it. He couldn't believe it himself. "Mom was really sick and she hid it from all of us. I know this makes you sad and it's ok to be, but I want you to know you don't have to hide your feelings. It's ok to cry and talk about it. We're all here for you and we're gonna get through this together." He told them with years streaming down his face. He stopped pacing and picked up his youngest daughter and sat on the couch with her on his lap and pulled them all into a group hug. His phone rang in his pocket and he adjusted his daughter so he could get to it. It was his mother, she wanted to "love on" her grandkids and make sure they were OK. "Yeah ma?!" He answered promptly. "Hey baby, what time you bringing my babies to me. I know I can't make up for them loosing their mother, but I wanna make sure they have a mothers touch." Ronald nodded his head and smiled "Thanks ma, I appreciate it. I'll be there in a bit, I gotta get some things together for them. I gotta a figure out what to pack, cause you know Gina normally handled all that stuff." He admitted getting up from the couch. The kids were now trying to play the video game, but we're arguing over who would play first. He took the conversation upstairs where he could hear his mother's voice better. "It's not that hard sweetheart. Regina made sure I had mostly everything they needed over here when they visited anyway. All you have to do is pack a pair of under clothes and an outfit or two for each of them. Shoot they can really pick out they own outfits just make sure their folded neatly in a bookbag." She told him chuckling. "Alright ma, I'll call you when I'm on the way." Ronald hung up the phone and jogged downstairs. "You already played your turn!" Genie said jumping up and down. "Man, it don't even matter. All you gonna do is play for two minutes then you gonna die." Jr said hunching his shoulders. He wasn't paying her any mind, he was gonna keep playing while she had her temper tantrum. "Dad tell Jr to let me play, it's my turn!" Genie ran to Ronald crying and grabbed tightly onto his sweatpants. "Ey, turn that game off." He stated sternly picking his crying daughter up. "Awww mann..that's not fair, she don't even know what she doing dad." Jr pouted getting up to turn the game off and putting the controller in the draw of the TV stand. Regina didn't like a messy house and the kids were trained to clean up after themselves, so he did it out of habit. "Y'all about to go for a visit with Nana. I need yall to go pick out two outfits and lay then out on your bed so I can pack them." He responded not paying any attention to the pouting and arguing they were doing. "Yay Nana!" Genie bounced up and down making Ronald put her down. Georgia and Raynell were the first to run up the stairs followed by Jr and Genie. Ronald picked up the few things the kids had left behind in the livingroom, took the cups to the kitchen and threw away the bags of snacks they were eating. "Man, I don't know how Regina did all this shut by herself. Why did you leave me? Why didn't you tell me you were feeling like that? I would've helped you baby! I know I wasn't the best husband, but I swear to God I loved you." He said outloud. He leaned against the kitchen sink and took a deep breath to keep himself from breaking down.

************************************

Jeanette took a sip of her Dr.Pepper and put it back in the cup holder replacing the cap with one hand. She focused on the road ahead of her and weaved in and out traffic trying her best to get to her destination as quickly as possible. The two hour commute wouldn't be so bad if she hadn't decided to work two doubles in a row. Her job allowed her to take leave for a week to go home and bury her friend. Jeannette was nervous, because she didn't know how everyone was gonna react to her wanting to attend the funeral. They had been friends for years and she was ashamed of the heartache she caused Regina. However they had more good than bad times and it hurt to see someone as strong as Gina go out like that. Ronald had also called and asked her to be there for him and kids while they go through the process of laying Regina to rest. She had mixed emotions, but she did still Ronald and the kids as well. They only knew of her as auntie Nette. If they knew that she had a part in causing their moms suicide they probably wouldn't want anything to do with her, but being so young they had no way of knowing that. Her phone rang interrupting her thoughts and she answered with quickly with her bluetooth. "Hey" she could hear the baby in the background babbling and it lifted her spirits a bit hearing how happy and carefree he sounded. What she wouldn't give to go back to those times. "How far out are you?" Teegan asked her. Nette could tell she had been crying just by the sound of her voice. "I got about another hour." She couldn't wait to get in a comfortable bed and rest her eyes. "You doing OK? You not too tired are you? I wish you would've let me fly you out. After working those doubles it could be dangerous driving all that way by yourself." Rain was always worrying about her friends. "Girl I'm good. I promise, just have my bed ready cause as soon as I touch down I'm hoping in a shower and imma rock out for awhile." Rai insisted that she stay with her and Bryson instead of going to a hotel. She didn't want her by herself. "It's all set for you love. I can't wait till we're all together again. I've missed you." Jeannette took a deep breath. She wasn't so sure everyone would feel the same way her Bryson did. "Well let me get off this phone and focus. I'll be there shortly." She told her not wanting to get onto that conversation first the 1000th time. "Alright, I'll see you soon. Be safe." Rain told her hanging up.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
🥰😍😘❤️❤️ hey guys. I'm so glad that writers block let up so I could update like I've been wanting to.

Ooh, yall think Jeannette gonna be welcome? Or you think it's about to be some drama? Only way to find out is to...........

Stay tuned.

Thank you so much for reading my work! And as always don't forget to vote, comment and share