twenty eight

SAFEST IN YOUR ARMS
" you're dating Georgia? "
{' CHANGE '}

SAFEST IN YOUR ARMS" you're dating Georgia? "{' CHANGE '}

CHANGE IS AN inevitable thing. it comes and goes. change comes every couple of months, embarking a new season, change comes every month, even if the premies of those months remained the same every year. change occurs after a relationship ends, when you are left crying into your pillow, wishing there was a way to take away the hole in your chest. change occurs after a haircut or a new outfit. or when your left changing everything about your life when someone you love leaves because it is then that you realize how much they played a part in it. when you have to stop taking certain routes because they hold memories that hurt too much to relive, when you have to lock away half of your wardrobe because most of it belongs to them, when you can't look at your camera roll because not only can you not like at pictures of them but because you can't bring yourself to delete them.

change comes when you fall in love again and you forget all about those roads you couldn't take. when the clothes you stashed away are accumulating dust because they have been left forgotten, when those olds pictures move further up because you've captured new memories.

sometimes change can come unexpectedly.

the house was quiet. much like it had grown accustomed to for the past two weeks. it was quite the difference from what was before. the before hadn't been witnessed by the long term guest aside from the one time she had to bring her girlfriends sister home. even though she hadn't witnessed how loud the house could get, even with just a teenager and a kid, she could feel it. it was noticeable when the television played in the living room while no one filled the space but the couple or the way they didn't have to close the bedroom door at night. no one was home anyway.

she could see the distant look in the blondes eyes when they ate breakfast in the mornings, when they watched movies in the living space or when she would open the front door and there was the tiniest bit of disappointment evident in the mothers face. most of that time her disappointment came in a flash because she'd smile and kiss her girlfriend just as quickly but Samantha noticed, she always noticed. the first time, it bothered her. she couldn't help but feel hurt at the look in her girlfriends eyes but by the second day, she understood. every time she walked through that door was yet another day her kids didn't. she understood that, how could she not?

she understood because everyday she walked in that door was another day she wasn't in her own home, or rather her old one. it was yet another day Ellen could see her walking inside the house of her ex best friend because her daughter was now dating her. 

the raven haired girl was walking up the stairs with her cellphone in hand when she saw someone in Ginny's room that caught her eye.

there was Georgia, holding one on of her daughters shirts up to her face. it had turned into a regular thing for her to find her girlfriend in the teens room. most of the time she wouldn't make her presence known, instead she'd walk away and let her have her space. the fact that her kids had ran away was hitting her harder than she made it seem, she'd always act like she was angry and in those moments Samantha would do the only thing she could. hold her. every time, she could feel Georgias walls crumble but they would be in fleeting moments. when those moments would pass, Georgia would smile at her and act like nothing had happened. Samantha never pushed, she knew the blonde would open up when she was ready.