eighteen

SAFEST IN YOUR ARMS
" guys this is Isabel "
{' ISABEL '}

PINS CRASHING LEFT and right echoed throughout the huge building along with chatter

PINS CRASHING LEFT and right echoed throughout the huge building along with chatter. Saturday night, what usually consisted of the group of friends drinking or going to a party turned out to be a simple hangout at the bowling alley. why? because Samantha didn't want to be intoxicated in case something happened to her siblings.

she spent most of her day hanging out with Nia and Matthew, who were very persistent on proving to her that them being a couple wouldn't affect their friendship. she was hesitant at first, not really believing either of them but they stuck to their word and the most affection they showed was holding hands which she could get past. the three of them went to eat lunch together and then went shopping since Samantha was starting to get bored with some of her clothes. Oliver and Natalie were on a date and Jade had to take care of her siblings so they decided they'd meet with each other once it was late at the bowling alley.

the three friends walked up to the cashier to pick up their shoes before approaching the rest of their friends who were already in the middle of a match. Natalie was sitting with her arms crossed while Oliver was standing and it looked like he was waiting for a bowling ball but Samantha couldn't tell for sure. all while Jade was siting across from Natalie with a proud smile on her lips. Samantha could already tell what the cause of that smile was.

"who's winning?" was the first thing Samantha said when she was close enough. Jade turned to the girl, the same smile still plastered on her lips and Samantha just knew it angered Oliver. 

"who do you think?" Jade asked cockily. 

Oliver turned so quickly Samantha almost flinched, "i'm off my game, okay?" he said, "i hurt my hand during practice." he continued while holding his hand up that had a black brace on it.

Jade scoffed, "yeah okay, like you were wearing that yesterday." she said while shaking her head.

Oliver looked at the girl wide eyed before he whipped around to his girlfriend for some support. "babe, tell them" he said but all he got in return was a small shrug. 

"sorry baby, but she's kind of right."

Oliver turned back to Samantha, "okay, sure, i'm off my game but i can still win," he said then pointed at Jade in accusation.

the girl held her hands up faux fear that made the boy roll his eyes and grab the bowling ball since it was his turn. he motioned for everyone to watch before making the bowling ball rush across the lane. just as everyone thought he'd get a strike, three bowling pins completely separated stayed upright.

"you were saying?" Jade asked with a laugh. he rolled his eyes and gave her the finger before going back to his seat beside his girlfriend.

Samantha looked at them both in amusement. Nia and Matthew weren't even paying attention from how used it they were. typically people would think Oliver and Matthew were the most competitive, with them being the only guys in the group and all but it was really Jade who Oliver always ended up competing with. she seemed to always know how to push Olivers buttons and it was harmless, really. everyone knew the two loved each other. "has this been happening the whole time?" Samantha asked Natalie who pursed her lips in response and shrugged.