twenty four

SAFEST IN YOUR ARMS
" Alex is Samantha's ex "
{' EXES AND OHS '}

THE STRESS OF having an ex back in town and a complicated situationship wasn't enough for Samantha

THE STRESS OF having an ex back in town and a complicated situationship wasn't enough for Samantha. her brother had been in an accident. the oldest of the three went home from work expecting to finally sleep for more than just a couple of hours but before she could, her mom had come into her room to tell her that Marcus had ridden his bike and he had to go to the hospital. Samantha knew her mom was in no place to drive so she offered to take her. Ellen agreed pretty quickly.

thankfully he didn't have any serious injuries other than a few scrapes and a concussion. what Samantha didn't understand was why he would ride his bike at night, without his license. it's not like he even knew how to ride. she'd never understand men and their need to seem tough all the time.

she spent all night in the hospital with her mom who looked more than shaken up from the whole thing. if Samantha hadn't been there, she was sure her mom would've been freaking out even more. when the sun had began to rise, the three of them were finally on their way home. Samantha stopped herself from yelling at her brother for being so stupid because the doctor told them that he needed to take things easy and because she knew Ellen would do it for her as soon as he recovered.

not sleeping yet another night left her exhausted and the idea of even driving to school seemed dangerous. chugging redbull could help but she also know she would just be spending her whole day worrying for her brother. she told her friends as soon as she got home so Nia offered to take notes for her and they could do their homework together after school.

she spent her whole day sleeping while also making sure her brother was fine. although he also spent the whole day sleeping. by the time her mom came home, she had showered and told Nia to come over. sleeping the whole day really helped with the horrible headache that she had since she woke up with a hangover. Nia had arrived half an hour after Samantha texted her.

the raven haired girl walked down the stairs in gray sweatpants and a white crop top. she had on a navy vintage zip up hoodie on top of it.

"how's Marcus?" the brunette asked when Samantha let her in. the two made their way to the living room where they would be doing their homework. it was there way of being responsible, typically they'd always do it on campus but considering everything Samantha's house was the best option. they knew if they went to Samantha's room, they'd end up just talking and not finishing their work so they made it a habit to stay in a common area, where they couldn't talk about much since Samantha didn't like her family knowing about her private life. at least not the drinking or anything that would disappoint her parents.

"sleeping," Samantha said. she plopped down on the couch where her computer was. Nia followed behind, she took off her backpack and set it down on the floor while sitting down beside her best friend. "he is such an idiot. i mean who does that?" she asked in disbelief.