thirteen

SAFEST IN YOUR ARMS
" no fucking way "
{' GHOSTED '}

MUSIC ECHOED throughout the room as the two teens were sitting in Nias bedroom

MUSIC ECHOED throughout the room as the two teens were sitting in Nias bedroom. shirts were thrown around along with jeans and a bunch of sweaters around the bed and floor. Samantha was laying on the bed, she had a pillow clutched close to her chest as she watched Nia try on a different shirt and look at herself in the mirror. this had been going on for the past hour and honestly Samantha wasn't as annoyed as she'd thought she'd be. although she had given up after half an hour and decided to just lay down instead of offering her best friend new outfits.

"what do you think?" Nia asked when she had on a white cashmere sweater. Samantha looked up from her phone and smiled.

"it looks really good," she answered honestly. she had thought about literally every single shirt but Nia wasn't having it. Matthew had asked the girl out on a date the night of halloween and of course Nia accepted. technically the date wasn't until the next day but Nia didn't want to leave the stress to the day of. plus, she was too excited to wait and picking out an outfit felt like a step closer to said date.

Nia groaned, "you've been saying that about every shirt," she said and went back to the bed to see what other shirts or sweaters she had that she had yet to try on.

Samantha had a smile on her lips as she sighed heavily, "Nia. babe, you are literally one of the hottest girls i've ever met. of course you're gonna look good in anything" she said hoping that would make her best friend feel better about herself. she understood where she was coming from but she also knew that Nia looked good in quite literally anything and Matthew would be stupid not to see that.

Nia blushed pink and quickly looked away, "you're just saying that because you're my best friend"

Samantha laughed loudly, "bitch as if. you know i'm not the sappy type so please take the compliment" she rebutted making Nia roll her eyes once more and turn back to the mirror. she seemed to be looking at the sweater once more and Samantha hoped this was a sign that she was going to wear it.

the raven girls attention was brought away from Nia and toward her phone as it vibrated in her hand. a frown tugged at her lips when she realized the text didn't come from her. Samantha had texted her that morning. it was a quick good morning text, that's how it was most mornings. depending on who woke up first, one of the two would send the other a quick morning text. in a way it felt like it was so they each knew they were thinking of one another. that was the case for Samantha at least, every morning she'd wake up with the blonde invading her each and every thought. somehow, no matter what, it was always about Georgia. whether it was her thinking of something simple like how she had a long shift, her thoughts would drift to the blonde and how she'd maybe run into her which would make her before dread turn into pure excitement.