fourteen

SAFEST IN YOUR ARMS
" i'm here, okay? "
{' ADVICE '}

WHEN THE SUN had set and Samantha got off from work, she went to her house to shower and eat dinner with her family

WHEN THE SUN had set and Samantha got off from work, she went to her house to shower and eat dinner with her family. it had been two days since the thing with Georgia and like expected, she hadn't heard from her. the hole in her chest seemed to have grown in that time. her days felt empty and her mood seemed to always be weighted down. she didn't understand how things changed so much in such little time. she never had this problem, she never cared about girls or anything of the sort. she'd hang out with her friends and work but she never cared that someone didn't text her.

she didn't like it. in fact, she hated it. she hated overthinking and she hated the fact that the only thing she needed to make her gloomy mood brighten is for Georgia to text her back. it was pathetic. love was pathetic. she wasn't in love, no, but it sure did feel that way sometimes. she didn't want to fall in love. not after her ex. she never wanted to be the cliche who stopped finding love after a heartbreak because in truth, she did want to find love. for a while she wanted to find love with her ex once more but when she knew that would never happen, she wanted to find something like that love she shared with her. she wanted to be with someone who cherished her, who adored her and looked at her like the only girl in the world. someone who put in an effort but most importantly, someone she could have a simple, quiet love with.

and yet here she was, longing for a woman to text her back when she was in a relationship with the mayor. longing for her lips and touch, for her to simply notice.

instead of overthinking all night, she called Nia to distract herself. the two hadn't gotten a moment to talk alone and they needed to catch up. the day before, Samantha and her friends went to lunch before she and Nia had to go back to campus for study group. 

the teens phone was being held up by her hands as she laid on her back, her legs propped on her headboard as she watched Nia do her skin care routine.

"he was so sweet," the brunette said as she looked in her mirror. she had been going on about her date with Matthew since Samantha had been impatient to hear about it since the night of. of course Nia being Nia she made the girl wait to heighten the excitement. "he got me flowers and opened every door for me," she rambled making her best friend smile. "when we got to the restaurant, i thought it was gonna be super awkward and weird but he actually made things so easy. there wasn't one awkward moment." she continued.

"Matthew being a gentlemen? who knew?" Samantha joked making the brunette smile.

"i thought the same thing but honestly, it was like a completely different side of him." she gushed. the way her eyes sparkled and how much she was glowing, Samantha could tell she was falling fast. it was sweet and she loved them together. she had known of Nias crush on him since the day they met. none of them ever thought they'd date, mostly because Matthew and Oliver were best friends and it would ruin their friendship but the more she grew, the less she cared. besides, they could just keep it a secret for the time being anyway.