twenty two

SAFEST IN YOUR ARMS
" like i just saw my smoking hot ex. "
{' ALEXANDRA '}

"WHAT ARE YOU doing here Alexandra?" her name rolled off Samantha's tongue with such ease that it almost felt like Alexandra never left

"WHAT ARE YOU doing here Alexandra?" her name rolled off Samantha's tongue with such ease that it almost felt like Alexandra never left. like they were still together and there had been no harm done. if only the blonde knew how much she missed saying it. how she missed the way the blonde would do anything Samantha said, no questions asked, when she used her full name. funnily enough, it was always.

Alexandra stepped away for a second, reaching to grab a couple of napkins for Samantha who was still gripping her jacket as if her life depended on it. when she stepped away, it was then that Samantha finally caught her breath, it felt like she hadn't been breathing since she bumped into her. her relief was short lived because just like that, Alexandra was standing back in front of her with a couple of napkins in her hand. she held them out for Samantha to take. the younger girl didn't make a move at first, thinking her options through. when she realized it was either accept the napkins for stain her jacket as well as feel sticky until Alexandra left - which by the way in which she wasn't leaving would be a while - she took them quickly.

Samantha had almost forgotten she had asked her a question but when Alexandra's voice cut the heavy tension, she was reminded of it. "i live here, remember?" the blonde asked, far too amused.

the raven girl chuckled sarcastically as anger rushed through her. she didn't care to be nice, not when Alexandra ruined her heart, ruined her perception of love by giving her the world just to turn around and snatch it form her hands months later. she gave her a safe and healthy love to break her. just to remind her that a perfect love could never exist. the anger and hurt that she felt when they last spoke was burning inside of her and it fueled her to say her next words. "did you run out of people to fuck in Spain so quickly?"

she didn't care to think about how her words could hurt Alexandra because if she were honest, she wanted the blonde to hurt. even just a little so she knew a fraction of what Samantha felt the day she left. the blonde didn't react to her words and if Samantha hadn't loved her for two years, she would have missed the hurt that flashed through her eyes.

but considering she was so good at it, the blonde decided to ignore her words. "you look beautiful." she said. oh how Samantha wished she could have said the blonde was lying. it would have made everything so much easier. it would have made hating her so much easier. she just wasn't lying and it hurt even more.

Samantha stopped wiping her stomach for a second but this time she didn't look up. she wished she could have stopped the blush that was creeping up her neck and had it not been for her head being down, Alexandra would have seen. instead of letting her words sit, she let the angry side of her speak once more. "it's almost like i asked for your opinion." she snapped.