81

He got back behind the wheel and put the bag on my lap before putting the coffee mug in the cup holder and a mug of hot chocolate for me right next to it. Then he drove back onto the road and turned on the radio. I opened the bag and inhaled the aromatic smell of cinnamon before taking out a cinnamon bun, breaking off a small piece and popping it into Hobi's mouth, which he had already opened automatically when I came near him with my hand. Smiling, I bit into a piece myself that I had taken off afterwards.

"Hmmmm delicious." he commented, which should have told me that he was ready for the next bite.

"Not so fast or you'll choke," I laughed as I held a piece out to him, whereupon he nibbled my finger before swallowing his piece. As we drove on, I realized our destination, we were on our way to Seoul.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously.

"Do you remember what we used to do every second Sunday of the month?" he raised a brow questioningly before opening his mouth again like a bird, expecting his piece of the delicious pastry.

"Laser tag?" I asked excitedly.

"Yep... I haven't done it since we broke up. I hope you still know how to take out opponents." he replied in a good mood.

"I don't know, I was with you last time too... But I'll do my best," I promised. The rest of the drive went by quickly and after two hours we finally turned into the parking lot of a laser tag hall. We left the rest of the cinnamon buns in the car so that we could eat them on the way back, as there was a snack bar in the hall anyway.

Inside, Hobi borrowed our equipment and booked the time we were allowed to spend inside. Once we had put everything on, we entered the battle arena with its many hiding places. We were a team and had to compete against three other teams of two. They had already entered the hall, were probably hiding from us and were waiting for the starting signal. When this came, we sprinted off, immediately trying out our old strategy. Nobody expected anyone to run straight to the flag, but Hobi was quick and took off like a young rabbit, while I followed him behind the obstacles and provided cover. In the process, I actually took out two people who went into the waiting area grumbling, from where they could follow what was going on in here via screens.

Just before Hoseok could reach the flag, someone suddenly jumped out of cover and blocked his path. He skillfully dodged my shots because I couldn't just focus on him, as danger was lurking everywhere. Hobi jumped to the side and rolled away as if he were James Bond, but was not hit and now drew his weapon himself. He took out his opponent before he could shoot me. A scream sounded from the cover next to me.

"APPA. What have you done, you threw my appa out of the game?" a little boy, no older than seven, scolded, making me smile with his pout, but Hobi, who was less impressed, raised his gun and shot the child, who protested indignantly.

"Why do you just come out too?" laughed Hobi, who now took the flag and waved it. Our victory was announced on the display above the arena and we looked for a safe position again for the new start.

"An hour later, we were standing in front of the snack bar with the boy's father, Hyunsuk, and the crying child Chan, who had really got knocked out by Hobi  every single round, to buy him an ice cream to make up for it. I looked disapprovingly at my ex-boyfriend, who had gotten so carried away with the game that he hadn't even shown any mercy to the little boy. We had just taken a break to eat something, picking up burgers and fries before sitting down at a table with the two of them.

"Hyung, you have to promise me when we go back in that you'll team up with us.... I won't fight you anymore." Chan pouted, making us all smile.

"I promise, sorry kiddo.... I always get so carried away in there." Hoseok scratched the back of his neck, embarrassed.

"You really need to watch your husband when you have kids together." Hyunsuk laughed, which made Hobi grin and I shook my head.

"We still had kids on the way home... but they suddenly disappeared in the parking lot," Hobi said dryly, to which I slapped his upper arm.

"He's only joking." I clarified, to which our counterpart grinned.