68

I pressed my face against his chest and snuggled up close to him... thinking back to our time together.

"Do you remember how we met?" he asked me, seeming to have wandered into the past in his thoughts too.

"I even still have the parking ticket... for littering," I giggled.

"Somehow I had to talk to you, I followed you for two hours because I was worried. Besides, I never forwarded the ticket, I stuck a copy of it in my diary," he said.

Flashback 5 years earlier Namjoon PoV

After interviewing a witness for whom I had to travel from Seoul to Daegu because the person was in an old people's home and unable to travel, I was heading back to the station in the capital when I noticed a car stopped in the middle of the road. There was a crying woman in it who didn't seem to be feeling well. When I realized that she was driving off in such a state, I quickly got behind the wheel and drove after her, I wanted to stop her somewhere and try to calm her down, she looked so distressed. I thought about what I could do, I wasn't allowed to use my siren, it wasn't forbidden to drive sad, it was just a recommendation not to do it and illegally I didn't want to stop her. So I wanted to follow her until she stopped somewhere on her own... or she broke the traffic rules, then I could stop her.

As luck would have it, she drove onto the expressway towards Seoul, which I would have had to take anyway, but unfortunately she didn't stop or do anything unusual, but what I did see was her repeatedly wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. She awakened a protective instinct in me that I'd never felt so intensely for anyone before, just from that fleeting first glance at her earlier. Maybe it was just the policeman in me, who knew. Two hours passed and we had almost reached Seoul when I suddenly saw her throw something out of the window... I had been waiting for this, I turned on the siren and she pulled over. I got out and ran to her car, where she had already rolled down the window.

"Was I speeding, officer?" she asked and I shook my head.

"No... you threw something out of the window and polluted the environment, I'll write you a ticket... and it's called a detective." I replied, examining her more closely. She was so pretty, despite the teary eyes.

"Why does a detective care if someone throws their cell phone out of the car?" she asked, irritated.

"Maybe you threw it away to cover up a crime. Who throws a cell phone out of the car window?" I said with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't want to be found, by my family and my ex-fiancé... I want a fresh start, without them..." she explained and I nodded, yes, family could be a pain in the ass, I had experience of that.

"Breaking the sim card would have been enough," I explained to her gently, just writing the reason on the ticket and then instead of the fine, I wrote down my number.

"Oh..." she just said, but didn't seem to mourn the cell phone too much.

"Listen... maybe you should take a break and calm down first, you don't want to cause an accident. There's a café over there, can I buy you a hot chocolate?" I asked her hopefully and she slowly began to nod. When she got out, I saw that her hand was shaking, she was so upset. We sat down and before she even spoke to me, she had been drinking two cups of cocoa and eaten three pieces of strawberry cake while I watched in amazement at what could disappear into such a small stomach. She was damn cute and my heart beat faster every time she raised her eyes and looked at me briefly.

"I'm Kim Namjoon." I introduced myself when I couldn't stand the silence any longer.

"Choi Y/N." she said curtly.

"And do you know where you want to go now?" I asked her, falling into the more familiar form of address, whereupon she lifted her shoulders and dropped them again.

"To Seoul, to find an apartment..." she replied and I started to grin.

"In my apartment complex, the apartment next door is vacant, I know the landlord well, so if you need somewhere to move in today... I can help you..."