Chapter 55

The ride back to the hotel was rather quiet, and subdued. Cassidy supposed she couldn't blame the men. All the work she, Malachi and Dominic had done was a waste.

Daniel was on the phone, looking annoyed, while Caleb was staring down at his. Dominic stared out the window, seemingly lost in thought.

Kai sat next to her, quietly, and she wondered if he was annoyed as well.

They arrived back at the hotel, and all got out, walking inside. They boarded the elevator, and to Cassidy's surprise, took it up to the penthouse suite.

Malachi took her hand and led her over to a room, while the other men disappeared into other rooms.

"Are you upset?" Cassidy asked him.

He looked at her and his eyebrows shot up. "No. Im glad he heard them. I didn't. I was paying to more attention to you. You were bored."

She blushed.

"So was I," he said with a laugh.

"Good," she said.

Kai pulled her into his arms and kissed her hard. "I wanna mate you right here, but everyone out there would know."

Her cheeks turned bright red. "You're so not doing that."

He laughed. "Come on."

The difference between the Remington men in Big Apple Industries and in their hotel room was like night and day. They were much more relaxed and were joking around with each other.

"Hi Cassidy." Daniel sat down on the couch across from her.

"Hello, Mr. Remington," she said softly. She didn't care if Malachi did tell her she could call him by his first name, she wasn't going to until he gave her permission.

"You can just call me Daniel. There's too many Remingtons," Daniel said with a laugh.

"And growing by the moment," Dominic said.

"True. So Kai told me you are going to become a werewolf?"

"Yes sir," she said.

"Did he talk to you about it at all?" Daniel asked her.

"He sort of told me about it when he told me I could become one." The biggest thing she remembered was that she was going to have to drink his blood.

"Are you going to change her, Kai?" Daniel asked him.

"Probably, but I haven't done that yet," Kai said.

"Brianna can help you with it," Daniel told him

"Okay," Kai agreed.

"Caleb rented a truck, so after dinner, we'll come back here and change, then head to your place and get you packed up," Daniel said.

"Thank you, Sir. I appreciate it," Cassidy said.

"Just Daniel. Sir is a little weird. No one calls me that," he muttered with a frown.

"Sorry," she whispered.

He smiled at her. "All good." He glanced at his watch. "We need to start getting ready."

The men moved into action and Cassidy watched Malachi stand. "Your dress is already here."

She nodded and stood, following him back to the room. "Do you need in the bathroom?"

"Um maybe for a few minutes, but go ahead. I'll just come in and interrupt you." He smiled at her.

"Okay." She hurried into the bathroom and began to remove her makeup from that morning so she could start over.

Malachi came in at one point, dressed in everything but his jacket and tie. Cassidy felt her heart stop and a surge of desire shot through her. She watched him fix his hair. Her mouth went dry. Why was the man so gorgeous? And hers.