Chapter 37

Malachi grabbed the two plates from the she-wolf who had brought them up. "Thank you."

"Yes sir." She bowed her head to him and left.

Malachi turned back to his office, where Cassidy was seated, waiting for him. He was so elated. He wanted to grab her and kiss her senseless. He wanted to bury himself inside her and sink his canines into her neck, but he'd have to wait. He wasn't a big fan of waiting.

But if Cassidy waited too long, he was going to start working his way in. He knew she wanted him. Last night had proven that, and it wasn't the first time. He remembered the day he'd stripped naked in front of her. She'd been aroused then too. He was just glad that had happened after he'd taken his clothes off. It had made it easier for him to keep his dick mostly under control.

He sat her plate down in front of her, then settled down behind the desk and opened his own meal. He had ate that morning, but he knew she hadn't. It annoyed him that he was the cause of that. "Cassidy, I'm sorry."

She looked up at him, startled. "For what Mr. Remington?"

He wondered if she called him that just because she knew it annoyed him. "For upsetting you so much that you never ate breakfast."

"It was a misunderstanding."

"And I could have been a bit more open with you. I could have told you what was going on instead of just walking out," he said.

"And we could spend all day discussing it, but it's done and over with. I think I know all of your secrets now, right?" She flashed him a smile.

"Yeah, you do."

"Do you have a girlfriend back at your pack?"

He smiled. "No, Cass. I would never date anyone in my pack. I've actually never had a girlfriend."

"No way." She stared at him in shock. "You could probably have any woman you want."

He shrugged. "Doubt it, but I only ever wanted one."

She pursed her lips, staring at him for a moment, then looked down. "We should get to work, Mr. Remington."

He blinked at that. "Okay." He stood and followed her back to the meeting room where they'd been working.

Dominic had actually gotten a lot done in the few days he'd been there, and Malachi sat down at the table to read it over.

"What do you want me to do?"

He looked up at her, and wondered how much he could tease her. "Well, I can think of several things.."

"Like?"

"You can sit down here in my lap and let me kiss you," he said.

"Mr. Remington, I hardly think that's appropriate for the work place," she said.

"Miss Kennedy, I'm the boss. I decide what's appropriate for the workplace," he said.

"So my job for the afternoon is to sit on your lap and let you kiss me?" She crossed her arms over her chest and looked at him.

"Like the good little employee you are," he agreed.

"How are you going to read through that if I'm on your lap?" She pointed to the file.

"It's a break."

"We just had lunch," she pointed out.

"Yeah, well, like I said, I'm the boss," he reminded her.

She stared at him for a long moment, then crossed the room to him. "You better back out from under the table, Mr. Remington."

He did as she requested and she plopped down in his lap. He wrapped his arm around her and placed his other on her thigh.