Chapter 47

Her dress was .. well it left little to the imagination. It was gold, and there wasn't much to it. The neckline plunged all the way down, showing off her breasts and her navel. The hemline was very short and slit up both sides practically to her waist. She sat with her body turned towards Alejandro, and Cassidy found herself wondering if the woman was wearing any underclothes at all. In that dress, probably not.

Candy's gaze had settled on her the moment Cassidy had sat down, a smirk on her face. Until she saw Malachi wrap his arm around her. She'd shot a glare at Cassidy, then smiled sweetly up at Alejandro. "Would you like me to pour drinks?"

Alejandro reached over and placed his hand on her bare thigh. "Of course, baby."

Cassidy almost laughed at that. She had a feeling that if Kai was single, Candy would dump Mr. Ramirez in a split second and be all over Kai. Not in this lifetime.

Candy moved over and began to pour drinks for everyone, handing them out as she poured. Cassidy recognized the label as the bourbon she needed to avoid and watched with annoyance as Candy handed a glass to Malachi, being sure to brush her fingers over his as she smiled sweetly at him.

She poured another and held it out for Cassidy. Malachi took that one from her too, and downed it before handing it back to her, shooting a glare at her.

"Sorry, we don't have anything fit for human consumption," Candy said with a smirk. "Would you like another, Alpha?" She looked at Malachi.

He stared at her for a moment and then shrugged. "Sure."

She poured him another glass and handed it to him.

Malachi downed it and handed it back to her before turning his attention back to Cassidy. She cuddled into him and saw Candy frown at her.

"So the acquisition meeting is taking place Tuesday?" Alejandro asked him, as he took another glass from Candy.

"Yes. Ten am," Malachi confirmed.

"Sounds good, Alpha." Alejandro rubbed his hands together.

Candy leaned back into him, placing her hand on his chest, and he wrapped an arm around her, placing the other hand on her bare thigh again as she stared at Cassidy.

The limo came to a stop and a moment later, the door opened and Malachi got out. Cassidy followed him, and he immediately wrapped and arm around her, leading her inside.

It was dark, but lights were everywhere and so many people. Cassidy was glad Malachi's arm was around her and she leaned in against him. He walked over to the bar and leaned down close to her ear. "What do you want?"

"Strawberry Daiquiri?"

He nodded and spoke to the bartender, before turning his attention back to her. Clay approached him, and talked to him for a moment, then turned away. He gave Cassidy a smile.

The bartender sat down two shot glasses, and Cassidy's drink. Kai handed it to her, then downed the shots, leaving the glasses on the bar, before he took her hand and led her away.

They walked over to a staircase and headed upstairs. At the top, he turned to the left, and walked down to a roped off area, which was opened to allow him inside. He led her over to where Alejandro, Clay and Dylan were sitting. Candy was settled on a couch alone, and they had no choice but to sit with her.

Malachi sat down next to her and Cassidy on his other side. He turned towards her, wrapping an arm around her. The men talked for several moments, discussing things Cassidy couldn't quite catch. Them and their excellent hearing. The club was too loud.