Chapter 54

Cassidy stared at herself in the mirror the next morning, looking over the dress that she was wearing, it was probably one of the most expensive things she'd ever worn though she's supposed that would change this afternoon.

"Wow!"

She looked up to see Kai standing in the doorway. He was wearing a dark gray suit and looked absolutely divine. Her gaze trailed over him slowly. It wasn't the first time she'd seen him in that suit but she definitely appreciated it.

He gave her a smirk and she rolled her eyes at him.

"Are you about ready?"

"Yes I just need to put my shoes on." She grabbed the box and walked over to the bed.

"Okay. It's almost 9:00 now,"

"Where is this being held at?" Cassidy asked curiously.

"In the Alphas office." Kai told her.

"Top floor?"

"Yep." He smiled at her.

"And your family?"

"They'll be meeting us there. They arrived early this morning," he said.

"Who's all going to be at this meeting?"

"I'm not sure. Definitely Alejandro and Clay. I don't know if Dylan will come or not. He deals more with the pack side of things over the business side."

"Okay. So I'm just playing the part of your personal assistant then." She could do that.

"And my mate."

"Are the people from Lakeland werewolves?" She did want to know that before she went in, though she supposed she might know just from looking at them.

"No, they're not."

"Okay." Cassidy pulled on the new shoes and sighed softly. For once, her feet weren't going to be aching at the end of the day.

"You like those?" Kai asked her.

"They're comfortable." Were they.

"Your old ones weren't?"

"No not really," she admitted.

"Then that alone is worth the money," Kai said.

"Probably," she agreed reluctantly.

They left the apartment and took the elevator down to the ground floor, then walked over to the other and took it up to the top floor.

Kai wrapped his arm around her. "You look absolutely beautiful today."

She smiled. "So do you."

"Beautiful huh?" he said with a laugh.

"Yeah I've always thought that about you."

He kissed her on his mark. "So have I."

The elevator opened and they both stepped off together.

Another blonde was seated at Candy's old desk and she immediately jumped up. "Can I help you?"

"Malachi Remington and Cassidy Kennedy here for the Lakeland acquisition," Malachi said.

"Oh you're with a Remington party." Her eyes grew round.

"Yes."

"This way sir." She led him down the hall and into a meeting room.

Cassidy gazed around the room quickly, taking in everyone who was in there. She recognized Alejandro and Clay of course. She also saw Daniel, Dominic and another man she didn't recognize or did she? He looked vaguely familiar and she guessed maybe she had seen him when she watched the crowning ceremony.